What does "Armageddon" mean to you now?

by JimmyPage 29 Replies latest jw friends

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Now that you no longer have the WT's view, what do you believe it actually refers to?

• parakeet
    parakeet

A barbecue to end all barbecues, hosted by an imaginary sky fairy.

• yknot
    yknot

I still think of it as a pending event......

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

In what sense, Yknot?

• Morgana
    Morgana

Also called Tel Megiddo (Har means mountain, Tel means hill) - it's a beautiful and fascinating archeological excavation site on a hill not far from where I used to live, near the pass through the Carmel ridge and overlooking the Jezreel valley, about fifteen kilometers road driving distance south-west from Nazareth. It is part of the Tel Megiddo National Park and well worth visiting...

There's a nice kibbutz of the same name nearby.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

It is a mediocre movie.

• flipper
    flipper

Armageddon is a fictitious battle that religious people tend to keep their followers in fear about so they can " guilt " them into submission to the church and keep them in a state of expectation " unfulfilled " . Then they tell them to go make other people be in fear about Armageddon by preaching about it door to door. Fear only fosters more fear

• Decided
    Decided

I'll wait untill 2012 and see what it is, if I live that long.

Ken P.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Armageddon is when the Washtowel Slaveholdery officially assumes the position of the world government. At which point, they will plunge the whole world into the Second Dark Ages.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

It makes me snort milk out of my nose.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit