Pathetic manipulation at the Zone Visit to the Mexico Branch (Central America)

by avaddohn94 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Quarterback
    Quarterback
    What's this? No mention of bright coloured socks? Can Mexicans get away with that? What about the Spanks? What about the Metero sexual look? Is this only a problem in the USA?
  • Kanon
    Kanon

What a pity even there own publications have made statements against shameless guilt tripping soliciation two stick out.

1. From the draw close to God book - “Not grudgingly or under compulsion.” Paul notes two types of giving that have no place among true Christians—reluctant and forced. The Greek expression rendered “grudgingly” literally means “out of sadness (or, grief).” A grudging, or reluctant, giver gives “from a heart made sorrowful at the thought of parting with money,” explains one reference work. A forced giver gives because he feels pressured to do so. Who of us really wants to receive a gift from a reluctant or forced giver?

2. “It Will Never Beg nor Petition Men for Support”

7 Brother Russell and his associates refused to imitate the money-raising schemes so common in the churches of Christendom. In the second issue of the Watch Tower, under the heading “Do You Want ‘Zion’s Watch Tower’?” Russell stated: “‘Zion’s Watch Tower’ has, we believe, JEHOVAH for its backer, and while this is the case it will never beg nor petition men for support. When He who says: ‘All the gold and silver of the mountains are mine,’ fails to provide necessary funds, we will understand it to be time to suspend the publication.” (Hag. 2:7-9) Over 130 years later, The Watchtower and the organization that publishes it are still going strong!

8 Jehovah’s people do not beg for money. They do not pass collection plates or send out letters of solicitation. Neither do they use bingo, bazaars, or raffles to raise money. They hold to what the Watch Tower long ago said: “We have never considered it proper to solicit money for the Lord’s cause, after the common custom . . . It is our judgment that money raised by the various begging devices in the name of our Lord is offensive, unacceptable to him, and does not bring his blessing either upon the givers or the work accomplished.”

• Monsieur
    Monsieur
    Outlaw, is that ur cartoon with morris or is it an official jw pic?
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Outlaw, is that ur cartoon with morris or is it an official jw pic?

No It`s not mine..I borrowed it..LOL!!..

As far as I know.....It`s a Legitimate WBT$ Picture..

• Monsieur
    Monsieur
    Holy cow...
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Sadly, the GB continue to sell their product because ignorant people buy it. It won't end until people stop buying snake oil. When will that be? Who knows..

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit