JW reading bible at bank

by dogon 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• dogon
    dogon

I was at the bank when I noticed the young teller reading the NWT. I after she put it down and helped me, I asked who was the JW. She said I am. I just said I recognized the bible, Its a very distinct bible.

• asilentone
    asilentone

Is there more to the conversation between two of you?

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Next time I would ask her is it honest to receive wages for her work when she is using work time for personal studies?

What sayeth the scriptures about honest measure?

• asilentone
    asilentone

Cameo, if a teller has no customers coming to her between customers, then she has the right to have free time as long as she stays at the teller booth whether you like it or not.

• wizardca
    wizardca

she talked to someone about her bible...count that time! LOL

gotta love those new paper cover bibles.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Cameo, if a teller has no customers coming to her between customers, then she has the right to have free time as long as she stays at the teller booth whether you like it or not.

Is there a bank policy to pay employees for loafing? Shouldn't she be perhaps looking for things at work that need to be done? Paper refills, pitching pens that don't write (I always seem to get one of those at the bank), dusting the counters, washing the coins, laundering the money....there are many small details that need to be done in any job. As long as you are on the clock you should be working for your employer. "Free time" is for breaks.

If she intends to present herself as a model JW, then she should be honest in her work habits.

I am sure there is some scripture to prove this right.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I think that some jobs don't have this "look busy constantly" policy. It's not always necessary.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Don't janitors clean banks?

• White Dove
    White Dove

That's the difference between white collar work and blue collar work. Banks do white collar work that doesn't require a busy busy busy serve 'em under 2 seconds rules.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

think that some jobs don't have this "look busy constantly" policy. It's not always necessary.

I would think it is a matter of morals and integrity rather than looking for loopholes in perceived policies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit