Your All-Time Favorite Record/CD Albums by Musicians - Any Category ?

by flipper 42 Replies latest jw friends

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Were only in it for the MOney, Mothers of invention.

The Best of Free.

Moontan, Golden Earring

Switch, Golden earring

One size fits all, Frank Zappa

Overnight sensation, Frank Zappa

12 dreams of Dr. Sardonicus, Spirit

Surrealistic Pillow, Jefferson Airplane

Fresh Cream, Cream

Secret Treaties Blue oyster cult

Steppenwolfs greatest hits. Steppenwolf

• r51785
    r51785

Martha Argerich: Rachmaninoff 3 -- Tchaikovsky 1

Krystian Zimerman, Leonard Bernstein, VPO: Beethoven Emperor Concerto

Leonard Bernstein, BSO: The Final Concert

Simon Rattle, COBSO: John Adams-American Classics (The Chairman Dances and Short Ride in a Fast Machine)

Michael Tilson Thomas: Gershwin Rhapsodies

Vladimir Ashkenazy: Pictures at an Exhibition

Thelonious Monk: Solo Monk

Dexter Gordon: Our Man In Paris

Art Blakey: Moanin'

Frank Sinatra: Songs For Swingin' Lovers!

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Yeah Flipper I didn't put any Zep or Beatle records on mine cuz it would take up my whole list and they're way too obvious choices. I love em all, Physical Graffiti being my favorite Zep album (as it is for you)!

• flipper
    flipper

JAGUARBASS- I'll tell ya- you and I must be the only ones on the board that REALLY like Golden Earring ! LOL! Albums from them would definitely crack my top 20 list ! They were great ! Great heavy drums and guitar. I've got a lot of their stuff ! I love Frank Zappa and Blue Oyster Cult as well.

R51785- So I see you are into classical ! Cool !

JIMMY PAGE- I hear ya. If I had a top 100 all-time song list - at least a combination of 40 to 50 songs would probably be Led Zeppelin and the Beatles. My 2 all-time favorite groups. So you liked Physical Graffiti too ! Cool. I loved " In My Time of Dying " and " The Rover " . And oh yes a cool tune called " Kashmir " ! Great stuff

• oompa
    oompa

Dakota Staton..........: Late Late Show........very obscure.........oompa......anybody like torch?.......oompa

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Mr. Flipper as far as I know Golden Earring is the oldest existing rock band with the original line up.

You have to go to Europe, Denmark to see them but they are still playing.

• frogit
    frogit

Some great music listed here some I have in my collection some I have not heard of! Will check them out on my Spotify account http://www.spotify.com/en/ if anyone wants a free invite pm me (UK only I think) it's a really a great way to listen to high quality music on your PC especially if you have a good sound card and monitor speakers.

What amazes me is that most of the music listed here would have been a no no in the Truth, (i.e.: Led Zep, Nirvana, etc.) I was made to feel guilt by items on the platform and at assemblies for even liking some music. GUILT is the WTS main weapon of choice to control....

I'm happy now to explore the full genre of human music, and it's great to be able log back in here too. here's some:

Mike Oldfield-Tubular Bells

The Streets-A Grand Don't Come for Free

Dire Straits-Brothers In Arms

Pink Floyd-The Dark Side of the Moon

Nirvana-Nevermind

Joy Division-Substance

U2-War

Derek and the Dominos-Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs

Rod Stewart-every Picture Tells a Story

frogit

• flipper
    flipper

OOMPA- Dakota Station ? Pretty obscure. Never heard of them.

JAGUARBASS- That is really interesting. If you have some U-tubes of their latest music I would be interested in seeing it or hearing it. Every time I go to used record stores I'm always trying to see some of Golden Earrings latest releases ; but they never have them ! What would you suggest for me to find some of their latest stuff ?? That is great they are still performing after all these years with the original members intact !

FROGIT- Yeah- I never felt any guilt about my record collection I started in 1971 as a young 12 year old witness. I loved rock music - so I thought - the hell with em'! Now at age 49 I've got 100's of albums , CD's, and cassettes which I periodically dig through and listen to ! It's pretty cool. Some of my old albums are in mint condition as well ! Of the artists you mentioned - I love Dire Straits, Pink Floyd , and U 2

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I can't believe I left this one off... if you like the White album go listen to World Party's "Goodbye Jumbo" album. I love it!

• flipper
    flipper

JIMMY PAGE- I'll have to go listen to World Party's " Goodbye Jumbo " next time I'm in the record store. Like the Beatles White Album ? Interesting. Peace out, Mr.Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit