Spanish Cong. In NC

by Decided 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Decided
    Decided

Has anyone noticed how many Spanish Kingdom Halls there are in NC? Most are shared by the english speaking congregations. Of course there are other spanish churches also. We are being flooded by spanish people now. There is a spanish family across the street who are very friendly and seem to be good people. And like all other races there are dope dealers also. Many places won't hire you unless you can speak spanish.

Ken P.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

I have noticed that WT does seem to cater to different ethnic/language groups, giving them their own congregation.

I haven't noticed other protestant religions doing this so much. It seems to be a USA thing...requiring all others to speak English to be included!

I don't think you will find a spanish baptist church as conveniently located as KH.

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, around here many churches (the larger ones) have a spanish-speaking group or congregation complete with head minister and assistants. One started putting the spanish services on television as well. The Catholic church has been doing it as well.

• undercover
    undercover

The area I live in has a lot of Spanish speaking church meetings. The Baptists seem to be looking to convert Mexican immigrants that are moving in. I see a lot of signs with the words "Bautista" and "Biblia".

There's a predominently Spanish speaking Catholic church. The building even looks like a mission you would find in Mexico instead of the tobacco fields of rural NC.

And the JWs have several Spanish congregations, probably about a third as many as the English speaking ones.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Well it has always been part of WT's mission to reach out to people of different languages. That they probably get high marks in.

Isaac

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

in my area 90% of the KH share with spanidh.

problem is that 90% of the spanish congo is women and unqualified bros'

• oompa
    oompa

oh ya...there are everywhere here......and it "cool" to swith over and learn spanish......i could almost go just to learn it.......oompa

plus i love latin women!.....geeze i am a horndog.....just awul

• Kudra
    Kudra

They're probably not "Spanish"...

They probably are Puerto Ricans, Cubans or Mexicans who *speak* spanish...

-K

• zions watchman
    zions watchman

Yes NC is full of them, since there are so many farmers and chicken/hog houses, they are the only ones who will work in theses places, Mt olive,selma ect

• sir82
    sir82

Remember reading about the "scramble for Africa" in your high school / college history books, re: the 19th century European powers rushing into Africa to carve up the resources amongst themselves?

In the US southeast there is a "scramble for Latinos" going on amongst the churches & JWs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit