we are getting ice

by purplesofa 27 Replies latest jw friends

• hubert
    hubert

Well, I'm too late. I was going to say, you should cut up some hot dogs to simmer in them beans, Purps.

We had some ice on the road this morning, and expecting more freezing drizzle tonight.

The wife wanted to go out this morning, and after watching a pickup truck trying to stop at the intersection, and going broadside almost into the traffic on the other street, I told her she was grounded until I give the okay.

15 minutes later, the sander went by, and I gave the okay. Snowplow

Hubert

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

We had that freezing rain last night.

I was watching the local news at 11 PM and saw that a plane had slid off the runway at Hancock airport, and they were sending buses to evacuate the passengers....and that another plane was stuck on the runway and they were waiting to be evacuated.

First thing this morning I see where eight people (four children aged 10 and under) and four adults had died in a house fire down near Syracuse somewhere. Only one made it out alive.

2009 isn't getting a very good start in upstate NY, huh?

hugs,

Annie

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Sorry you have ice down there......just keep it south of here!!

It was just cold today!!

• StAnn
    StAnn

Purps, soup beans and cornbread, fried potatoes, and greens. My favorite meal. But I have to ask, are you drinking sweet tea? That's proof you're a southerner!

StAnn

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

yep, Sweet Tea with Real Sugar!!!

purps

• StAnn
    StAnn

Purps, do you live near the Duggars by chance? They're like the first family of Arkansas, aren't they?

he he he he he

StAnn

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

The Duggers live around the Fayetteville area, I believe.

About 2.5 hrs drive from me.

Closer to where John Doe is.

Is that family not insane?

purps

• StAnn
    StAnn

Well, now, that explains John Doe, doesn't it? Must be something in the water!

StAnn

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hot Chili & Rye Bread..

Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

We had a big ice storm here three weeks back - but a week ago we had a strange warm up [it got up to 60F degrees which is unheard of here in N Indiana in DEC/JAN] and it has been relatively dry since, though it has turned back to normal 15-30F temps.

Hope you guys all stay warm and keep the power on. Here we had about 120,000 out of power, most of 'em for the better part of week, and before the warm up we had a couple days that dipped to about -5F and -35F wind chill. So it might pay to have a few extra cans of those beans in the cabinet and some way to heat them.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit