End of the Year, End of the Board Thread

by Farkel 28 Replies latest jw friends

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

y'all act like its closing down or something.... kinda like those furniture stores.... they say they are going out of business...but then another store opens in its place...with the same people working there...different name on the outside....fresh coat of paint on the inside...things changed around a little bit........ hmmmmmm...nah.. couldnt be the same...

now dammit, get busy.....start putting up links to JWN on your blogs, web sites, etc and get its Google ranking up there with JWD....

Snakes ()

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

JWD, soon to to R.I.P...but Hail the fledgling JWN, rising like Phoenix from the ashes !!

Lets all work to make it bigger and better than what we have now.

Simon can give us the software (and we thank him) , but it is up to us to use it and make it work . The new board is like a shiny new stratocaster in our hands..lets use it to make sweet music and amplify a sound that will rock the Watchtower to its foundations !!!!

Kerrang!!!

• heathen
    heathen

This place sucks!!! (kidding there of course) I can say I've seen some very interesting posts ,don't know how much of this stuff to believe but if half of it is true the watchtower is very deceitful about things .I think I will hang out on the jwn site for a bit even tho I don't think any of this is really making a difference since the religion itself is growing exponentially , The real estate fraud corporation is building more congs and forcing people to pay mortgages when they still claim not for profit status , they don't trust the members enough to make contributions so they have them free and clear . It made me sick whenever the WTBTS announces it's big change of dropping the interest on the loans ........... That was just in the last couple of months. Everybody got all excited over that one ..

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

I don't visit often anymore, but it made me a little sad a few months ago to see the board was closing. I hope the new "sister" site is as successful and has the same feel. I can't thank this board and the people on it enough, especially everyone who was around back when my eyes were just opening and I was totally addicted to the place. I learned so much from everyone, and I really needed this. I didn't have anyone I could talk to in person about any of these things, and still don't, but you all were here when I needed you, and you were far better than anyone else I know could have been with helping me get it all straight.

Thanks so much to everyone.

Good luck!

And Farkel. You are so precious. I love you, man.

• heathen
    heathen

I think more aptly put is that this board is "HISTORY". JWN has yet to show how user friendly it is .

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

And the show will go on.....

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

for me, jwd was a natural progression outwards. i started with women awake and then felt a greater need for more interaction and discussion with a broader spectrum of individuals who had been touched by the wts...........i started here in 2001, and it became a place of support and information.............thanks for the memories, everybody! I will be making the "crossing"! LOL! Once again, thank you Simon and all who worked so hard here to make this a fun, safe place to talk about all things jw related.

terri

• nowisee
    nowisee

I had been out for 27 years and had never met another xjw before coming here. I was really at loose ends wondering what the deal was. This board let me know I was not alone and that questions I had were valid and told me the real truth about the wts. I am forever grateful and it has given me peace of mind that I did not make the wrong decision when I left.

• free2beme
    free2beme

I posted under a couple names here over the years, until I remember in 2005 the value of remembering what sign in name, password and e-mail I used; which helped to keep my name the same from that point on. In all though, I think this site has morphed in to many themes and names over the years. Bringing out the best and worst in the former Witness world. While we proved our point many times, that Witnesses can leave and become success people in society with level headed minds. We also proved that for many, the exit becomes to much to bare and the mind becomes overly bitter and out of control. I remember a key point I learned early on in the former witness world, "Some people who were thrown out of the organization, were good people ... some were not." The NOTS are sometimes louder then the rest. While I have enjoyed this board, I admit I was irritated at times with the heavy censored threads and then looked at others sights with no censoring and soon appreciated that the crap from there, was not piled here. Over all, this site is a nice way to learn what is happening in the organization; without having to go back to a Kingdom Hall. Which, proves useful when you still have relatives in the organization. Above all though, I have learned that former Witness ... above most things ... enjoy the new freedom to enjoy, explore and express their views on sex. For a bunch of once conservative people, we sure are hell a horney and that I think is awesome. As I think the organization controlled the one thing that was the best pleasure in this life and yell "MORE POWER TO YOU HORNEY FORMER JW'S" LOL Anyway, I wanted to express this all in good fun and just say, I do not post as much as some and yet I do enjoy the small time I spend here.

Take care, and enjoy life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit