IMAGE: The Ham Sandwich Blood Policy

by V 28 Replies latest watchtower medical

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

oh this took ridiculous WT policies to a new high

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

This new policy was intensionally implemented to stop having so many JWS dieing that needed a transfusion

and giving the WTS a black mark, particularly more than ever since most of these cases get the full attention from the media.

Unfortunately taking just fractions of blood will only help a minority of situations.

Gee I wonder if the taking of blood fractions could have saved those children's lives ? ....oh well its too bad for them......next

• besty
    besty

"Unfortunately taking just fractions of blood will only help a minority of situations."

I was under the impression the majority of transfusions now were fractions and transfusing whole blood was relatively rare.

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

What a great illustration, V. Thanks for sharing. By extension, I thought a bit of GIF animation may be helpful to some.

Oops, I thought I could post here but JWD won't accept Firefox GIF's. Here's the link to the one I loaded to Photobucket.

Len

Oops, here's the long link below. Just copy it to your URL field. http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u92/millerlr/JWBloodHamwichDilemna.gif

• oompa
    oompa

i really liked this v.......used it on some of my jw friends an family still in ........esp the giving blood part....they all went into convulsions.......................oompa

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Brilliant.

Thank you.

And bookmarked.

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Exceptional production, did you do the video as well V? Great voices and what a simple yet fantastic analogy.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Love the ham sandwich comparison.

• Not Feeling It
    Not Feeling It

Hey V,

I like your analogy for comedic value. I'm going to shamelessly post my take on it here: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/medical/170121/1/Blood-Fractions-Policy-and-Milk-Products-compared

While not as comical, I think it is more logical. Besides all that, I didn't take the time to create and host a snazzy mock graphic on the WTS blood diagram for dummies.

If I did, it'd look something like this (Excuse my crap ASCII table):

The Handy Guide to How You Must Think
    (Bad) Raw Milk
    |
    -------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
    | | | | | | |
    (Bad) Skim Milk Powdered Milk Cream Butter Cheese Curds Whey
    | | | | | |
    | | (OK For Now) Milk Fractions | |
    | | | | | | +-Casein +-Lipids +-Sour +-Sweet +-Cream +-Quark
    | | | Cream | Cream | Cheese | +-Enzymes +-Protein +-Half +-Butter- +-Brie +-Fried
    | | | & Half fat | Curd +-Minerals +-Vitamins +-Heavy +-Havarti Calcium, etc... A,B,E,D,K Cream | +-Gouda

I included Havarti as a tribute to V. BTW: This totally made me hungry! Mmmmm... Butterfat.

BTW: I made a pun on whey. See if you get it. Or if anyone cares. Free gift to anyone who does:

-- Not Creaming It

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit