Life after being a Witness...What are your beliefs now?

by Quirky1 29 Replies latest jw friends

• White Dove
    White Dove

I am not a Christian anymore. I believe that the Bible is a collection of re-written stories that came from all sorts of places and is not anymore credible than Mother Goose and the Brothers Grim.

I believe in the possibility of reincarnation and that everything is connected to everything else like a web.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Pagan and Wiccan

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

I believe I am agnostic leaning towards atheist. I feel more at peace with myself as an Agnostic than I ever did in an organized religion.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I realized that Jehovah was infinitely corrupt, even while I was in. He promises things that He has no intention of ever delivering, blows said promises, and then expects me to act as if He had delivered after all. And that was on both sides of my involvement with the Washtowel Slaveholdery--that cancer merely exploited the situation to get even more in the name of that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag.

And then I see the Bible (especially the Old Testament) without the bias, and see what an Almighty Value Destroyer Jehovah is (and always was). I find nothing righteous about destroying whole nations for not serving God--or making arbitrary rules and then killing people for not obeying them. That crap has gone on throughout the history of God, up until Jesus used God as a metaphor to break people free from this cruel God (sort of like Satan did in Eden).

Consequently, I now believe that God is some Almighty, infinitely corrupt Tyrant that keeps people around and makes them suffer by arbitrarily denying them things that they need for happiness, just to entertain Himself. As the people in Jesus' time were brainwashed by Almighty God Himself to believe that He was righteous, Jesus saw the need to use that as a parable to help them break free from God. As for Satan, he was the first Christ that attempted to liberate man at the start and prevent God from having absolute control that He did not deserve.

• Newborn
    Newborn

no clue...

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I beleive in money and having a good time.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Many good responses!!

Good thread!

• anewme
    anewme

I am very skeptical of organized religion now. I tend to believe they are all scams in one form or another.
    They are all organizations where a few are in power over the many and the majority pay good money to hear a few channel god to them..........yep, a scam to be sure.

That said, I do believe and respect the creator and am in awe of its handiwork on the earth and in the universe.

I sort of live with my fingers crossed hoping there is some sort of life after death in the future.

• beksbks
    beksbks

I do not believe in the bible at all. I don't believe in a supreme being, because it seems to me a supreme being would be perfect, thus good, thus wouldn't put up with all the pain on this earth.

I think the only actions we can really take that mean anything, is to help each other through this life. Kindness, generosity, honesty, treat the earth like you would the precious thing it is, knowing you are leaving it to the next generation.

Death I think of as a big, fluffy, warm, feather bed at the end of a long day.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I believe it's important to enjoy life and freedom without encroaching on the rights of others to do the same. If God exists, and if he wants something more than that, he should come on down and say so rather than expecting us to believe stories that are impossible to verify. I wasted too much time on that already. If he exists, his communication skills appear to be lacking. That shouldn't be my problem.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit