Meeting for baptized brothers only???

by cinnamon1642 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Stilla, did you guys already have it. I haven't heard a peep about such a meeting here. Sounds riveting, NOT. Was it covered like the lame outline given by the CO to the servants or the annual pioneer meeting? We just had a CO visit about a month ago and nothing was mentioned.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

These type of things aren't given across the board in every hall, but from congregation to congregation. They give em every once in a while if they think they have a bunch of slacker brothers who need some guilt-tripping to "reach out."

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

daniel-p - You're right, but it sounded from stilla's description as something more than just a local needs thing. I do recall several years ago giving the non-servants a "pep talk" about reaching out. But it was a local needs part that was followed up by a 1/2 meeting conducted by 2 elders. The result from the guilt trip? Nothing changed!

• Iwonder17
    Iwonder17

We had this in our hall about 1 1/2 years ago. The PO got up there and basically begged us to reach out....

Funny thing was that within 4 months 1/2 of our elder body got deleted LOL

If it comes around again, I will eat a bunch of Mexican food and happily sit through the meeting as long as they don't mind the smell

• shamus100
    shamus100

Sausage meeting.... No vagina's allowed, you dirty dirty girls...

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    BTW, what would happen if a baptized brother was not at that meeting or had to go to work right afterwards or just didn't care to go?

They would receive a punishment almost as bad as marking.
    They would lose their attendant/mic handler assignments. But all is not lost.
    They would still be allowed to clean the toilets.

• oompa
    oompa

OTWO...you gotta go!....you are a baptised brother....what a great first meeting to go back to.....oompa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit