"Scams" on Oprah Today - Insight on Why People Still Become JWs

by Seeker4 13 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

A couple of weeks ago I got a letter from a company called Prime Time Consumer Research PLC out of Wilmington, Delaware. The envelope was postmarked in Canada with a Canadian stamp for 96 cents. Within the envelope was three pieces of paper: a check for $4,120.00, a mystery shopper evaluation form, and a letter of introduction with instructions of what to do with the check. Funny thing was (other that this offer was totally unsoliticited by me) the check was written on an account under the name of Unique Vacations (Hotel Account) out of Miami, Florida. A total scam. But the best part was what they wanted me to do with the check. $300 was to go to me for some fake a$$ training (mystery shopping at a store of my choice on a supplied list - oh and I could keep the items that I bought, about $120.00 worth), $3500 was to be wired in two seperate transactions at Western Union or Moneygram, and the last $200 was to be used to pay for the wire fees.

They included a phone number for me to call to start this up and I called it. After they found out that I wasn't fooled by this crap, they told me that I could just tear up the check and forget about it.

I still have the envelope and it's contents.

• Gerard
    Gerard

I'm getting scammed right from my cell phone now , twice just recently I had someone call my cell phone claiming that I have won a trip to some exotic

location for 2 weeks and all I have to do to claim my prize is to press the number 1 on my keypad and they would make the appropriate arrangements...right

So be aware of that one if it should ever happen to you.

How exactly they take your money by you pressing key #1 on your cell phone?

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

salty....i only added 4 in. to mine, but i only took one pill...with a "tall" glass of iced tea while swinging a "long" golf club....and every other metaphor for a penis....oh! while wearing a necktie!(ask poztate...he'll explain)

• free2beme
    free2beme
    How exactly they take your money by you pressing key #1 on your cell phone?

They can not!!! Trust me, I know this for a fact. What was described there is a time share issue. Legit, most likely. Annoying, oh yeah.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit