They are poisoning our children and they don't care !

by oldflame 14 Replies latest social family

• jgnat
    jgnat

The Canadian link suggest that there is a background trace of melamine in the environment. The Canadian food agency has set an interim "m aximum of 1.0 part per million (ppm*)"

The article that NewLight quotes found "

readings of 0.137 and 0.14 parts per million"

So I would say it is an exaggeration to say that "they are poisoning our children and they don't care".

• rebel8
    rebel8

It's even worse than most people know. Find out how many items you use daily that are actually carcinogenic or otherwise toxic.

http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.org/index.php?nothanks=1

Skin Deep is a safety guide to cosmetics and personal care products brought to you by researchers at the Environmental Working Group.

Skin Deep pairs ingredients in more than 40,000 products against 50 definitive toxicity and regulatory databases, making it the largest integrated data resource of its kind. Why did a small nonprofit take on such a big project? Because the FDA doesn't require companies to test their own products for safety.

• StAnn
    StAnn

I breastfed my son. We also try, as much as possible, to do 100-mile eating, i.e., only consuming products produced by local farmers who live within 100 miles of our home. And we have a garden, to raise our own organic foods.

Yesterday I attended a wedding. At the reception, I was able to pick up five dozen beautiful organic brown eggs from another guest. We network a lot!

My husband and I have a ten year plan to buy 7-15 acres and move out of town. We intend to pursue a more self-sufficient lifestyle. We're constantly doing as much as we can at our current home in town to boost our self-sufficiency.

The primary reason we are pursuing this is that we were both raised on farms and know how good and healthy food can be. We are very concerned about the foods we have to buy at stores primarily because the food is controlled by huge corporations, not family farmers anymore. It's all about profits, not quality.

Also, melamine apparently can leach out of plastic food containers and into the food. (Can't give you a link to that.) Which is why we advocate storing food in jars. We have lots of things stored in Mason jars and pickle jars in our household!

StAnn

• restrangled
    restrangled

As LDH and others have mentioned, I chose to nurse my children....with my first son, the hospital tried to stop it as he had jaundice. So they fed him formula and sugar water until we got home. It took me several days but I got him to nurse. I almost gave up, but the 70 year old pediatrician encouranged me by saying.....you are the expert, not the new born. He will not starve. Sure enough once started he didn't give it up until he was over 2.

So if you nurse your babies, no matter what the melamine level you will never have to worry.

It is important not to microwave anything in plastic containers because all kinds of chems. leach out of the plastic into food.

On another note did anyone see that the meat in 3 major grocery chains in Arizona, 40 percent of all meat is contaminated with the intestinal super bug that goes through hospitals. It isn't killed with cooking and it may take up to 2 weeks before you get sick? My younger son just suffered for 3 days with what we thought was the flu....now I think otherwise. No one else got sick.

I am to the point where I don't want to serve meat any more.

I love the 100 mile eating idea from Staan. I know it takes time and effort, but really, with the exposure of all these greedy bastards on the internet....its the only way you can protect your family.....

Kind of like the WTBS getting exposed.......the more knowledge you have the better off you will be.

r.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I've noted a few mothers who hope to keep their child free of all contaminants by breast feeding. I've got bad news for you. There's trace amounts of persistent chemicals, especially chemicals like DDT and PCB's, in breast milk as well. Why? Because certain persistent chemicals are all through our environment. They are in you, so they go to your baby as well. The same goes for heavy metals like mercury.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/01/09/magazine/09TOXIC.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit