Did you still attend gatherings after you faded?

by truthseeker 16 Replies latest jw friends

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

When we had not been going for about four months family invited us to a get together were they showed their slides of Katrina rebuild work . It was awkward and many avoided us . Six months into our fade I had one last JW wedding to photograph it was very strange. The wedding party was all friendly enough , but once we got to the reception people didn't come near us . I did have one newly baptized man ask why we quit going ,and I enlightened him . He and his wife live down the street and avoid eye contact at all cost .

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Didnt fade. Went from stong elder to da'd apostate in 60 seconds. Sorry cant help ya.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I wasn't ever "cool" enough to be invited to many things.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    I wasn't ever "cool" enough to be invited to many things.

Ya well Greenland does rather suck...

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

OMFG!! This is no shit.

WhiteDove,

Your usid whitedove... Snow is white... The first 3 letter of your encrypted IP address? ICE OMFG... where do you say you from? Greenland. Most Iced Island on the planet. What a synchronicity. If I werent so stoned, I'd be like... wow.......

• dinah
    dinah
    Didnt fade. Went from stong elder to da'd apostate in 60 seconds. Sorry cant help ya.

I admire that.

• oompa
    oompa

ya....i still do once in a blue moon...but have had a few parties here...esp when my JW son is around....i had one last week and it was great....four or five of my adult friends that he likes over, and three or four of his young friends that i also like over.....they still like coming here..wife and son in and all......but they very very rarely have me over anymore......maybe if i had not partook at that last memorial???....naaa...just kiddin........oomps

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit