People who actually listened to Kingdom Melodies outside the Hall

by JimmyPage 43 Replies latest jw friends

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Did you know people like this? You get in their car and the Kingdom Melodies are playing on prerecorded piano... you go to their house and there they are in an orchestral arrangement... Even when I was a complete believer I cringed when I had to hear this banal crap!

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

not in my car but at home. Guilty as charged.

• is there help out there
    is there help out there

If they do not play them when there having sex they will not servie the big "A"

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I had those symphonic tapes in my car.

Guilty, guilty, guilty.

BTS

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

I know someone who has instrumentals of Prince doing Kingdom Melodies and plays it constantly. Sick.

• tinker
    tinker

my mom, 89, and her 3 close friends, hold a conference call each morning to discuss the text. They open with SINGING kingdom melodies, then the discussion and end with prayer. When I visit she always invites me to join in, um, that would be NO Thank you! Very strange to see her sitting on the bed and singing into the phone. From there she often keeps right on singing all day unless I break the KM hypnotic hold by putting a Dean Martin CD on. She loves Dino and goes right into 'Everybody Loves Somebody' phew, that's better.

• Kudra
    Kudra

Ugh- one couple and a girl that hung out with them had this GOD-AWFUL recording of this guy actually singing the Kingdom Melodies. He had a horrible voice- all tremolo-y and uuguguguuhh.

They loved that tape.

-K

• yknot
    yknot

My entire childhood was set to the backdrop of KMs....

My mom has her favorites for housework, happy times, sad times, minutes before the family study to set the 'tone' and of course to upbuild and prepare for the SAD, CA, DC or Memorial.

She used them as lullabies to my younger sibling and children

She has had them as ringtones forever.

She had a tape that had both KMs and british invasion songs for longer trips.

We had a Sister who acted as our music lead in the KH, who also was a songwriter and my mom used to play her renditions of the KMs too.

Even I breakout the KMs if I am not finding my house cleaning groove.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

I'm guilty of having the cd's in my car when my son was a baby. It's was soothing & helped to put him to sleep. Now I know I was just boring him to sleep!! LOL

• undercover
    undercover

My mom listens to them at home.

I knew an elder that listened to them in his car, office, at home, etc.

I never understood why people chose to listen to that crap. One or two of the songs were okay but even then only at meetings or conventions. No way was the entire body of work worth listening to. Just shows how manipulated some people could be...to brainwash them into listening to shit music on their own time...but then again people choose to listen to Celine Dion and Michael Bolton...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit