Young Witness Calls on Me with the Tract - We Both get Educated !

by flipper 34 Replies latest jw friends

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Even if she handed the paper back...she heard you...and now she cant un-ring the bell :)

Well done!

• blondie
    blondie

I had the bell rung about ten years ago but it took 5 years to get out. I kept thinking about the seeds that person had sown, looking for an answer. When I asked an elder, he just tossed a photocopied article at me; not even trying to explain it....that was eye-opening.

Blondie

• Amha·’aret
    Amha·’aret

Well handled Flipper. Sounds like you spoke to her in a way that didn't make her defensive - not an easy task with a JW!

I agree with others that this might get her to thinking a little more outside the dub box.

Good job!

• snowbird
    snowbird

A seed was planted.

Who knows? It may lie dormant or sprout immediately.

Good job, Mr. Flipper.

I, too, am planting whenever and wherever.

Sylvia

• hubert
    hubert

Well, Mr. Flipper, that was worth the wait. I can see why it took you a while to re-write it...gets discouraging when you are done and hit the wrong button and send it into cyberspace.

I think the young lady handed your news article back because she didn't want the older sister seeing that she had it. You know the old adage...Hand out your crap, but don't take any "apostate" material from non-believers. She didn't want the old lady to report her.

Great job, Flip.

Hubert

• happy1975
    happy1975

That is fantastic!! What a great job you did. Do you have a link to the news story? I just ran into an old JW friend the other night who wants to get together and I think that that article would be just the kind of thing to get her thinking.

Thanks so much for sharing!

-Happy

• Open mind
    Open mind

flipper:

Then I quoted her Romans 13 : 1,2 which says essentially that God puts the authorities in power, if child abuse is prevented from being reported to authorities , it's taking a stand against God who put the authorities there to punish wrongdoers.

Did you think of this little gem all by yourself? It's the first time I've heard Romans 13: 1,2 used this way.

That's a great one to tuck away for future reference.

Thanks Flippper.

om

• mind my own
    mind my own

That was excellent reasoning with her and hopefully some of it sunk in! She sounds like a fairly level headed person so you just never know what effect this may have on her. Maybe not right away, but I bet it is a nagging thought in the back of her mind (where she tried to keep it!)

Thanks so much for sharing!

MMO

• Mary
    Mary
    She said, " No , only false religion uses fear to control it's members. You know like a burning , fiery hellfire ! " I interrupted , " Or Armageddon perhaps ?

Excellent point. The WT is always rambling on about how 'Christendom' scares the hell out of people (no pun intended) by promoting a firey Hell for all sinners, yet the WTS promises eternal destruction to anyone outside their hallowed walls. What the hell is the difference?

Hopefully you planted a seed.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

You handled that well. Didn't attack her beliefs, you let her talk and you planted a seed. Peace to you too Mr. Flipper.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit