Kingdom Hall Weddings - November Kingdom Ministry

by BluesBrother 74 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

If this has already been posted up - then I missed it.. This Question Box left me

alt

• mama1119
    mama1119

Sounds like fun!!!!!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The stuff about the Hall, I can accept but...what about the other things. in my time weddings were different...not a meeting but a private function to which the cong. may attend if they wished..The last one that I attended around here , the groom's Mother was d/f'd but she still sat in the 'bridal party' at the front of the Hall with the family.

Now. ..If the brides father smokes, can he give her away? If the groom's brother lives with his girlfriend presumably he cannot be his best man...I can see that different bodies of elders will make differing decision and rulings. It is o k if both families are "in" but if one side is not, then it is either , cut off the family or get matrried in a Registry Office.

What is this about the couple having to declare there "moral conduct" in courtship? Now if it is taken as a given that there has not been actual sex before marriage, do they have to confess their groping and well , you know what I mean .....??? What is the elder supposed to say? Why the hell should they tell all their little secrets?

And if one is previously married..they have to show the final divorce decree.to prove that one is not a bigamist .Is not their word, as bothers, good enough? Does not love "Believe all things?"

The elders seem to be taking on the role of state registrar as well.........

• Cindi_67
    Cindi_67

"He will meet with the couple to inquire about their moral conduct during courtship; the couple will want to be open and honest with him."

Tell me brother groom: "Did you guys did it?" How was she dressed? Who started it? Where you laying down, in the kitchen, in bed? Was she on top? Did you touch her titties? Did she touch you?

Yeah right!!! Before making arrangements to marry at the KH you better confess fornication, and be disfellowshiped.

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, this is not a new policy. I gather that the elders in some congregations have not been following WT directives.

*** w97 4/15 p. 24 Weddings That Honor Jehovah ***The brother chosen to give the wedding talk will meet beforehand with the prospective bridegroom and bride to offer helpful advice and to be sure that there are no moral or legal impediments to the marriage and that he is in accord with the plans for any social gathering to follow.

*** w84 4/15 p. 13 par. 13 Christian Weddings That Bring Joy ***Some lands authorize ministers of Jehovah’s Witnesses to solemnize marriages. Usually these are performed by congregation elders, men with experience, insight, maturity and knowledge of God’s Word. An elder who is asked to officiate will probably meet beforehand with the prospective bride and groom. They will, naturally, want to assure him that there are no moral or legal impediments to their marrying

• sir82
    sir82
    What is this about the couple having to declare there "moral conduct" in courtship? Now if it is taken as a given that there has not been actual sex before marriage, do they have to confess their groping and well , you know what I mean .....???

This has been around for a long time, not new with this KM article.

It certainly is not taken as a given that there has not been actual sex before the wedding...I would estimate that about a third of the recent JW marriages I can think of, had both parties confess to pre-marital nookie (after, of course, their precious Kingdom Hall wedding ceremony). And that's just the ones dumb enough to voluntarily confess! It's probably more likely that well over half are into the horizontal mambo before their vows.

Plus, the WT has all those byzantine rules on touching the breasts...fondling the breasts...above the clothing, or below it?....heavy petting....uncleanness... uncleanness with greediness...loose conduct...yadda yadda yadda, any of which would preclude the couple from using the hall.

I officiated at 2 weddings. In each one, I knew the couples well and was reasonably certain they were "clean" from a JW standpoint. When it came time to ask "the question", I just kind of half-heartedly asked a very general question about their "moral conduct", took their word for it, and that was that.

If most elders who conduct the ceremony treat "the question" the same way, that might explain the big number of couples who are later DF / reproved.

• mama1119
    mama1119

I was engaaged once to a JW (never married him), we were not getting married in a KH, but we were having an elder do the talk..and we had to go through all the questions before he could do the talk.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

only kingdom melodies??? yuck

• blondie
    blondie

And I have known elder bodies to insist on CDs too, not live music. This idea ran aground when the wedding party could not manage to match their walk down the aisle to the CDs.

In the end the BOE makes the rules and that is why it can vary from KH to KH except for these written policies.

Blondie

• lawrence
    lawrence

Who is going to investigate the morality of the elder conducting the wedding? Jerry Springer?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit