Shouldn't A Religion Having The "Truth" Be Pretty Simple To Follow?

by minimus 24 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

When you think about it, there's a lot of things about Jehovah's Witnesses that isn't easy to understand.

Try to explain all the details about the blood doctrine to half a normal brain. Who the heck knows what's acceptable and what isn't?

The MAJORITY of JWs cannot explain who exactly the "Faithful & Discreet Slave" is. Most will mix it up with The Governing Body.

The New World Translation has "Jehovah" in it over 7000 times. Ask a Witness if the manuscripts that were found had the name "Jehovah" in it. They'll say the very original ones did. They just weren't found yet.

Ask what sexual things are "fornication", "uncleanness" or "loose conduct" and why. Then ask exactly how it's determined if a certain "sin" gets a particular classification. The mental gymnastics you have to follow is pretty incredible.

When is "The End" supposed to be? Now that answer could be anything, depending upon when you asked the question.

And if you think you clearly understand a position set forth in the Watchtower, think again. "New light" could pop up and everything you were ever taught goes right out the window.

If Jehovah's Witnesses were "The Truth", you'd think it would be pretty simple to understand it. I don't.

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

I agree with some of what you said.

I agree with the "Blood" thingy....the "Faithful & Discreet Slave" thingy....and the "New Light" thingy...

I disagree with the rest.

Now the stoneing starts...

• minimus
    minimus

What do you disagree with?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Minimus..Only the WBT$ has the Truth..The WBT$ get`s New light on Truth almost daily..The only way to find out that New light is..Is to buy WBT$ literature and go to the Kingdom Hall to find out what that New Light means..Once you find out what that New Light means you can go door to door and preach about the Truth.....Until tomorrow..When you get New Light.....LOL!!...................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

I disagree with .. The Name bring in the NWT, your comments about Fornication and The End being any time.

• watson
    watson

It IS simple. Just go along with what you are told and shut up!!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Shouldn't A Religion Having The "Truth" Be Pretty Simple To Follow?

YES - No Trinity is nice and simple

No hellfire is nice and simple

But when you get into all the convoluted crap about 1914, types and anti-tytpes etc then they complicate it

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Yeah, didn't Jesus state that his message was "simple"? How in the hell is the JW's message of today "simple", with all of the types and anti-types and mathematical mental gymnastics that one has to do to come up with the end of the gentile times????
    Imagine giving the entire "simple" message to householders right from the start? I mean, the message is "simple", right?? This presentation below really makes you think.......

Greetings, I'm a member of the great crowd of other sheep rendering sacred service to the Ancient of Days in the earthly courtyard of the spiritual temple by following the example of the fine shepherd and engaging as a regular pioneer in preaching the good news of the kingdom with the sword of the spirit.

We are helping to warn those not familiar with the Divine Name that the second presence of the Chief Agent of Life has begun, and soon the last days will reach their culmination when the scarlet-colored wild beast will turn on the harlot and destroy Babylon the Great, beginning the great tribulation which is climaxed by Armageddon and the ruler of the world, now in Tartarus, being thrown into the abyss for the rest of the last Adam's millennial reign.

However, antitypical apostate Jerusalem with her man of lawlessness class is supporting the false prophet and fighting against the anointed remnant of spiritual Israel, the ambassadors of heavenly Jerusalem, and their envoys, who are keeping themselves without spot from the world and who would rather go to Sheol or Hades than Gehenna by rejecting the theocracy proclaimed by the faithful and discreet slave and the Governing Body of the spiritual paradise on earth today.

So, if you don't want to take these magazines, here's a program schedule for the Kingdom Hall, where you can come and learn more about New Jerusalem, new heavens, new earth, new commandment, new birth, new song, new creation, new personality, and the new covenant.

Thank you for your time...which is not to be confused with a time and times and half a time.

• oompa
    oompa
    mini: When is "The End" supposed to be? Now that answer could be anything, depending upon when you asked the question.

Amen mini....and what is so frustrating is just like yesterday when talking to an old jw friend whose dfd son is my dfd sons best friend....they dont even know what the heck WT is teaching anymore!...she did not understand the current generation teaching and admitted she was unsure since 1995...and she heard something about there being more anointed but had missed the lesson and still has not read the WT....and on and on

I honestly don't know how they can go in service anymore with any confidence or have a clue what to teach....especially about the last days....i asked her to please explain why she thinks the end is near now that we have totally unplugged 1914 as having any time-link to the the end....and esp now the anointed can signed up forever..........oompa

• minimus
    minimus

Lone Ranger, you can't disagree with facts.

WC, that is soooo good. I LOVE it!

Oompa, that's right, they must lack confidence. They don't even understand old lite!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit