Email from JW

by sass_my_frass 18 Replies latest jw friends

• oompa
    oompa

i liked several but the last two need to say...."i sure hope you are better now"....after the comment on his depression........the whole email may have more effect if is still depressed, but show some compassion........oompa

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Actually, the last draft was the best so her method proved quite effective. Most good writers write, edit, rewrite and do it all over again. You should try it some time! Cog

You miss my point. My point was not that editing and drafts are ineffective--my point was that such email exchanges are inconsequential and therefore warrant little effort.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I brought up his depression because I'm over mine and I know why; he was unrealistic about his own and I wanted to make as big a deal as I could about happiness vs being a witness. I wouldn't try to engage any witness in conversation about anything like this, but I think that as I only get this one last chance to get a message through to them, I want it to be something that might stick in their mind. That email had a few things that would be stunning to a witness, the idea being that if you throw enough hammers one might hit. Probably not, but at least I gave it a go.

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

Sass, it just goes to show that they never forget about us, we're there in the recesses of their mind and still somewhere in their hearts.

Poor things, they're just trapped, following instructions and not really able to think for themselves, the cult personality rules - cut him some slack.

I like Mickey Mouse's suggestion - short, sweet,straight to the point, something to think about.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    my point was that such email exchanges are inconsequential and therefore warrant little effort.

Still disagree. This will most likely be her last communication with her condescending friend and Sass needed to develop a response that she could live with and not regret. Not too harsh, not too soft.....but just right, like Goldilocks' porridge. It's about her, not her friend. Feck him.

Good job, Sass!

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    I can forgive these retards and still think of them as retards, right?

I think you've shown that it can be nicely done...!!

I wanted to make as big a deal as I could about happiness vs being a witness

This is important to me, too. I was in horrible depression during my fade. My fade was not based on hardcore knowledge of the organization, just a gut that something was wrong and I was sure - but not positive - that it was them. Now that I am out, I'm sooo much happier. And I make a point to let each witness know that I really am happy and enjoying my life.

Oompa wrote: i liked several but the last two need to say...."i sure hope you are better now"....after the comment on his depression........the whole email may have more effect if is still depressed, but show some compassion........oompa

For maybe the first time ever, I completely agree with Oompa.

God help us all~~!! (just kidding. Sorry, Oomp!)

-Aude Sapere (meaning: Dare to Know; Dare to Have Wisdom/Understanding; Dare to Think for Yourself)

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Sass, how about this , Nice to hear from you Ben after all these years. I hope that you are well.

I am doing wonderfully. Couldn't be happier, I am sorry to hear your depressed. I have been there but no longer, I am so happy and free of the burdens that are a part of being a JW. I wish you could feel just a small portion of the happiness I feel now that I am not longer under the suppression of the Organization. A whole new world has openned up for me. Iwould like it if you would call me or maybe we could meet for coffee and catch up on the last several years. What do say, Ben.? Then

either have him give you his number or you give him yours.

Hope for the best, maybe he is having second thought about the organization and his contacting you was not just by chance.

all the best Sass

Orangefatcat.

hugs.

• IronClaw
    IronClaw
    I wouldn't go back to your ridiculous cult for anything, and if the only reason you wanted to talk to me was that I'd make you feel good about wasting your tedious life in it, you were never my friend. Now feck off and don't ever contact me again, moron.

This is my favorite. Why beat around the bush. It gets right to the point..

The Claw.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    If your still disfellowshiped then clearly I can't speak to you.

"Bad associations spoil useful habits, so if you're still a JW I won't speak to you."

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit