Religion

by Undecided 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Undecided
    Undecided

Is there anyway to verify any religion as having the truth? Is it just a feeling some have that they get from believing something "spiritual" caused them to have a relationship with a God.

The preacher of the church that my wife and I attend said that Jesus was God today. I was reading in the bible about how Jesus would leave his disciples to pray. If he was God who did he pray to? I go with my wife to just be with her on Sunday.

When I drive out in the country and see the beauty of nature I feel a closeness to whatever was responsible for it's existence but don't really know who or what it is. I guess I will die like everyone else has before me and never know.

Ken P.

• yknot
    yknot

No there is not sure fire test to verify.....

Faith is all we really have.

• lnunya
    lnunya

He was praying to His Father in heaven. A brush up on what the trinity actually teaches (compared to what the WT says it teaches) would probably help you to understand a little bit better. In short, it teaches that God exists as three persons, but one substance. The persons are not to be confused, nor the substance divided. Saying that Jesus is God is in agreement with that teaching. However, He is not the Father or the Holy Spirit. He is the Son. Hope that answers your question.

• megaflower
    megaflower

To put it in JW terminology- Religion is a racquest and a snare. I believe man has corrupted religion. Yes, I do believe in a God and as you said, all you have to do is look at nature and you can feel a closeness with God. I do believe the bible has some merit but even that has been tampered with over the centuries.

• Undecided
    Undecided

He is one pice of sh** but three tirds? Sorry, it just came into my mind as I was trying to figure out what substance ment.

What does substance mean? Spirit? God is one spirit with three brains or three spirits with one brain? I just don't understand what the trinity means. Isn't Christ God's only begotten son? What about the Holy Spirit? Is he, she, it, a son of God too?

I have to agree with the JWs on this one.

Ken P.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d
    The preacher of the church that my wife and I attend said that Jesus was God today.

Why would 'god' find it necessary to impregnate his own mother so that he could be born?

And what for?

To appease another creature he had made----bad boy satan?

Why would all of this be necessary just so 'god' might be able to forgive Eve for eating an apple?

Your old testament God is a hoax.

In my own opinion....I don't think Jesus ever meant to start a new religion. He was just trying to free the people from the bondages of the god hoax that was being perpetuated.

• Number1Anarchist
    Number1Anarchist

I will let God sort out what or who he is!

I could not possible ever go to any church or religion again!

I trust no man!

There all temples for Satan!

It's funny how theses people try to explain the trinity?

How the hell do they know what God is,They've never been to heaven!

It's just lke the Witchtower and all there bullshit!

It's all interpretations from man, I will wait for the true God if he exists to explain not any human!

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

My JW was telling me there is true religion and false religion. He said JWs have the true religion. I was curious and so I asked him where the scriptures told us to have religion. He has never found it. He showed me about religion in the dictionary and the inslight book, but never showed me a scripture that instructed any one to have a religion.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

If you're looking for truth in any religion you will find that they all have truth at their core, however those running those faiths want theirs to be the one and only true religion. It's what they identify with on such a deep level that they feel they cannot be wrong, because it f*cks everything up if it's not....who/what are they suddenly if you tear what is so dear to them away?

Looking to nature - nothing wrong with that at all.

The bible mearly says "the truth will set you free"....If you're truly free, you have found your truth.

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

We really have no way to prove that ANY religion or belief is the actual Truth. Through the centuries, there have been many people who saw fit to change, alter, or destroy anything they didn't believe in. Too much time has passed. I guess, as another commented in this thread, all we have to go on is our own Faith. If only Humans can learn to respect other Faiths!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit