Remember when .....?

by RR 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

RR, I noticed that there were only three tickets left on the sheet. Wasn't there anything worth 30 cents on the menu in 1981 that you could have spent it on?

I remember having one/two tickets left over and couldn't buy anything. So what did all of you do with your left over tickets? Did you pool them with others so that at least you could get a soda?

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously)

• halcyon
    halcyon

Sometimes my family would save them and use them the next year, I think.

Otherwise, I think I remember a bit of a mad dash to the food stand after the last session to get whatever you could find "for the ride home." Stuff went quickly, though, and you couldn't always find the lower-cost things.

• Soledad
    Soledad

WOW that brings me back to Monroe NY and the Acqueduct, back when there was hot food served: on Saturdays arroz con pollo or pasta w/ground beef on Sundays there was usually pizza, left overs from Saturday and the soft-serve ice cream machines were cranked on. Breakfast could be pancakes, scrambled eggs on an english muffin, grilled cheese sandwiches on a hot dog bun or pastelitos w/guayaba (that's a turnover pastry filled with guava jelly for you gringos ) we kept any left over slips for next year or if it was possible to buy a pudding snack or soda before we left for the day. What memories!

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Memmmmmmries, in the corner of my mind, misty water colored memmmmmories, of the way they were. . . .

LOL, that was the second to last big assembly I went to as a JW. I remember the fruit bags:) green or bruised bananas, hard icky apples(who was their supplier?) and really yummy pudding.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I remember people putting them into the contribution box at the end of the assembly...

guess they thought that it was a sweet little donation....

h40

• still_in74
    still_in74

OMG that is psyching me right out! I cant count how many tickets i burned on pudding as a kid.......... having said that I can assure you all that ZERO went towards fuit bags!

• caliber
    caliber

Sparkplug,

Now I know why there was long lineups at the women's washrooms.... toooooo many of those damn#d

fruits baskets got sold ! ~~Caliber ...... !

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    Sometimes my family would save them and use them the next year, I think.

I think they eventually changed the color of the tickets so it was different each year and they could not be carried over to the following year.

The pudding was great, but my favorite memories was the hot food preparation and cafeteria-style serving. Those were good times. Except for the failed prophecies and deceipt.

But at least we ate well...!

-Aude.

• Quandry
    Quandry

The pudding was great, but my favorite memories was the hot food preparation and cafeteria-style serving. Those were good times. Except for the failed prophecies and deceipt.

Ah, yes....we got a heaping helping of that...with plenty of leftovers to take home until the next batch was served up!!

• RR
    RR

Maybe I can ebay them!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit