Was Russell a Freemason?

by possible-san 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• VM44
    VM44

Farkel wrote:

Then again, I apologize for beating around the bush about how I REALLY feel about Chuckie Russel.

Good thing we didn't get Farkel to express himself on Judge Rutherford!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

"If it is as your explanation, it means that that building was made around 1986 -1996.
    That is, it was built recently."

Well, I was trying to say '80s or '90s (maybe even more recent), considering that the architect Elmer B. Burger became a registered architect in 1976 (see http://www.state.wv.us/admin/purchase/bids/FY2009/B_GSD096410_4.pdf). Plus the facility looks quite new.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

There has never been conclusive proof such as Russell's name on a Masonic Lodge list but I agree with the poster who said he had an ecclectic mixed bag of beliefs and he jumbled the wording of those beliefs altogether to give his own unique brand of religion. It does seem he was influenced by his association with freemasons due to the language used in the study in scripture books.

As far as the cross and crown - many churches use this emblem today. To them it means "carry your cross, to recieive your crown". They do not equate it with freemasonry at all.

Farkel,

you are tooo funny. You are right, chuckie was a nut!

Peace, Lilly

• possible-san
    possible-san

Thank you, blondie, Leolaia.

Leolaia,
    Why was that Freemason's building built at that place?
    It is my question.

That nearness is unusual.

Unlike Japan, the United States is large.
    Therefore, I think that the society of Freemason does not need to build specially "there."

I suspect whether a Freemason's members are giving special treatment to Russell.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

It doesn't matter if the US is large; there are masonic lodges in most major cities, and many small cities (there was even a large Scottish Rite Temple a short walk from where I used to live, just a few blocks from a cemetery where my grandparents and aunt are buried), and this is a masonic center for one of those major cities, Greater Pittsburgh. According to their website, there are 88 lodges in Western Pennsylvania alone.

Why was that Freemason's building built at that place ? It is my question. That nearness is unusual .

It can only be thought to be unusual if you first presume that Russell was a Freemason. If you don't share this a priori premise, then there is nothing remarkable about the location of the center. If you want to know why they chose that location, I suppose you could email them (contact info: http://www.valleyofpittsburgh.org/index.html).

• possible-san
    possible-san

Leolaia.
    Thank you for your information.

If your information is seen, people can understand that the Freemason is an ordinary group which exists anywhere in the United States.
    In this case, I think it nonsense to ask, "Was Russell a Freemason or not?"
    Or, is it important whether Russell was a Freemason or not?

I will send e-mail to the place which you taught.

possible
    http://bb2.atbb.jp/possible/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit