A question for those outside of the USA

by seven006 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully

One of my colleagues has grandchildren who call them "flashnights". I think it's cute.

• seven006
    seven006

Min, My “t” sticks sometimes.

I came to the realization that I cannot write a story for little kids. Possibly and very probably because I was never allowed to be one myself growing up. But, I gave it a shot.

It became quickly apparent that my version of a children’s story was not what could be considered “kid friendly”. I had illustrations of rooms with little caricatures sitting on stools all in a row and having pyramid shaped head gear on their heads with tubes and wires going into their head and big ugly men standing above and behind them wearing Viking helmets and shouting into microphones. It was freaky. I still have that illustration and would post it in this thread if this site would let people using macs post pictures without writing a ton of html code to do it.

Any way. It looked like my Watchtower programmed childhood would work better as a horror movie script than a story for a little kids book, so after a year of test illustrations and interviewing writers (I didn’t like any of their stuff) I quit working on it, again.

In May of this year Some things happened that got me back to working on the book. This time the story line and illustrations were a lot more “kid friendly”. Even tough it was now cute and cuddly the story line still needed a kid friendly plot.

So much for that. Trying to use some of the 50 plus illustrations I have already done and trying to walk on the traditional side again I have come the conclusion that I need to go back to my original concept and finish the damn thing.

Thanks to posting a question here, I think I am one step closer to heading backard so as to head forward.

Dave

• minimus
    minimus

Dave, you are "backard". You really are. I see your "W" isn't working too well either.

• seven006
    seven006

Min,

I think it has more to do with not having any feeling in my left hand and fingers than it has to do with the keys on my keyboard sticking. What do ya think?

It’s just one of the many reasons I don’t post much any more. Typing for me is kind of like peeing for you. I have a loss of sensation and aiming issues.

Dave

• Priest73
    Priest73

Where the heck has Dave been? Has anyone heard from him?

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

A few months back, I spoke with Dave, he was feeling good, happy and still working on his book.

purps

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit