City Loses JW Convention-Parking dispute:Two versions-Guess who lied?

by AndersonsInfo 30 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"We are not Wealthy People."..LIE!..The WBT$ is a multi Billion dollar Organization............."Some WBT$ Conventions attract as many visitors,as members."..LIE!..Since when?..LOL!!.......................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• moshe
    moshe

JW convetions lack the excitement of years gone by. They used to wow visitors with their full meal food service- thousands of meals served in an hour. I wonder what they would do, if the convention venues decided the JW's were undersirables and raised the prices to top shelf rates- take it or leave it.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    All of the conventions I ever slept at, in no way were half of the attendees just visitors

they probably use the ratio of baptised to unbaptised..which may work out at about 50/50 i guess if you factor in kids.

still deceptive tho...

cunning as serpents they would call it

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

It seems to me like the conventions are basically a wash for the rental space for the JWs. So what are the expenses that are not covered each year? Cleaning materials? I mean really! They don't have food, they don't even provide water. There is NO paid or any other entertainment. Sometimes there is nice greenery on stage(probably proudly donated by a JW florist or something!)

Anyone who has ever done accounting know what the actual expenses are? JWs were (last I knew) charged for the parking(18 years ago in Tacoma, it was $5 a day or weekend-2.5 times-at least the cost of this one-and they DID charge JWs for the privelege back then). That Tacoma convention was the last one I went to (part of one day, what a nightmare with a kid!)

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

"All of the conventions I ever slept at, in no way were half of the attendees just visitors."

I guess they consider spouses, children etc. as visitors. Say there are 1,000 publishers in the convention area and 1,400 present - then 29 % of the attendees are visitors ................

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420
    Sometimes there is nice greenery on stage(probably proudly donated by a JW florist or something!)

I remember buying some of the potted plants around the stage after the assembly. So if they were donated they made a few bucks off of them

lisa

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

They're only charged $2 for parking!? Is that what the organization's required "contribution" is for a parking ticket?

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I might also add about the Springfield IL venue that the food vendors were very upset with the JWs. The vendors inside the facility had a contract with the venue owners to provide food service for all events. WT of course does not want the smell of frying corn dogs distracting its delegates from the spiritual food. (gag) Can you imagine the chaos if the food stands were open during the convention...lol

But the Springfield venue is downtown in a part of town that is very pedestrian friendly. So a lot of push-cart vendors set up shop on the sidewalk outside. There was a local restaraunt that set up a whole buffet with hot plates on the sidewalk across the street..and of course the restaruants were getting lots of business. There were announcments made not to go to these places during lunch (breakfast and dinner was OK) because it was causing problems with the venue managers and the food vendors for the venue. We were told bring our lunch and eat inside or if we ate outside not to buy from the sidewalk vendors, etc...

Of course, Starbucks had a line not just in the morning, but during lunch..had to get a caffeine buzz to stay awake somehow.... The Society even at one point put a sign or a cover on the venue soda and candy machines..though those were taken down quickly and the machines quickly sold out...

its all about control

Snakes ()

• yknot
    yknot

Venting Moment......

CHEAP & GREEDY BUNCH OF BASTARDS!

I sincerely hope making the R&F drive an additional 100+ miles cuts deeply into their DC donations!

• dinah
    dinah

I had no idea some venues actually pay the WT to choose their facilities. It's been 23 years since I attended a DC, but I can always remember a huge deficit was always announced on Sunday.

It'd be hilarious if Birmingham doesn't want them either.

Huntsville would have been a better choice. It's a much safer city.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit