Unexpected JW reaction

by cameo-d 56 Replies latest jw friends

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

I talked to a JW I know and got an unexpected reaction.

I mentioned some of the "conspiracy theory" stuff I have heard...about one taken, one left behind ...and what I have heard about people will be picked up in the middle of the night and taken away to "places".

This JW took it right in stride and said "yes, that's the way it was done when the Nazi's started. Many Jws were killed then...blah blah". Then this staunch JW says "I hope they shoot me. I don't want to be gassed." I had not said anything about gas chambers, although I have heard much rumor about the "leggo blocks" and more.

I was quite taken aback. Because this person is a born-in-never-miss-a-meeting kind of person. I had thought for some reason, maybe from what I have heard you all say on the board here, that Jws thought they would all survive and be the only ones.

This person said they have been told that many of them will be killed.

So can someone explain to me.....are the Jws being told 'prepare to die' or what exactly? I think I liked it better when they at least had happy thoughts of their illusion of paradise.

• sir82
    sir82
    are the Jws being told 'prepare to die' or what exactly?

No.

Sounds like the JW you spoke to is a little nutso. The JWs seem to attract more than a fair number of them.

• mustang
    mustang
    are the Jws being told 'prepare to die' or what exactly?

NO!!! That's always been in the cards, that some would be treated roughly in the GT. I was a "50's JW" and heard it from way back then. You hear it mentioned occasionally. It gets amplified when some high level speaker goes on a persecution jag.

Mustang

• yknot
    yknot

How old was the person?

The reason I ask is because yes some of us were heavily prepped to be faithful to death through the tribulation & into Armageddon.

Not all JWs are expected to be protected and delivered into the new system via the great crowd... .

I was told and retold stories upon stories of Nazi & Japanese torture, mass murder and work camps, and to expect the same because of Satan's anger against our faithfulness. We were told of 'heroic' efforts by JWs during times of testing to remain faithful, and to aid our fellow brothers and sisters. Stories of printing literature in basements and hosting meetings in secret. With whom, how and when to use theocratic warfare.

My mother is one of those who also would rather go quickly and be resurrected in the new system...

Where as I was strictly expected to endure all things ...

We were told once we were in the new system (whether by resurrected or survival) we should paint in big bold red letters "There Will Be A Test!, Satan will Return and Mislead Many.....BE FOREWARNED & FAITHFUL TO THE MOST HIGH!"

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    some of us were heavily prepped to be faithful to death through the tribulation & into Armageddon.

I am 51 and raised in this environment. All through the 60s it seemed like every week we were hearing about how our future was going to be similar to the concentration camps. This is hell for a child who had to listen to this. The guilt and the fear was ever present.

So to the comment you heard, it is on target. I remember many conversations and talks that discussed this very point.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

me too - brought up to believe the "great tribulation" would be like WWII, concentration camps, torture, gassing, shooting, starving, living with rats, that sort of thing. You're right, it's a terrible thing to drum into a kid's head. I just now made the connection between WWII and JW's expectations - no wonder in the 50s and 60s we heard a lot about the "GT" - our parents had just experienced a huge very destructive war. The stuff they heard and/or experienced during WWII set the stage for their expectations of the future. I wonder if modern JWs are as persecution oriented as they were when I was in? I remember conversations we used to have where we would scare ourselves (sort of like ghost stories) talking about how we would be persecuted: "oh I know they'll lock me up with rats. That will be my persecution - I hate rats!" Sort of like the devil is busy checking each one of us out and creating some special little torture that hits us in our weak spots.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

This is just damn awful to hear.

For a group that preaches there is no hell and no heaven, it seems they drug you to one or the other every week. Your lessons or readings or whatever you call them...just seem so very extreme.

On another thread I had asked how does jehovah kill every body off? And they say they were influenced most by the pics in the mags...like fireballs or cracks opening up in the earth and "taking" the bad ones.

So how do these stories go from realistic WWII scenes to scifi mysterious...everybody suddenly gets zapped "it won't hurt"???

It's a miracle any of you can function; I would be a neurotic nutcase if I had grown up with this torment and mindgames.

Man is the one that dominates to mans injury. If NWO is the paradise they are referring to, I think there will be a lot of killing because there are rumblings of it already.

I just can't get over the extremes of the mind games here. Paradise one week--nazi torture the next week. This is just too much for me to comprehend. How in the hell did you ever have any peace or joy in between?

• Quandry
    Quandry

As things progress toward the great tribulation, nations will become angry at the Witnesses, the only ones truuuuuuuuuly serving God. People will turn more and more to the governments for protection, and eventually religion will be banned. I believe that in one book from many years ago, it even said that those in Priestly garb will be arrested, etc.

That's why the book studies were so important. In case the governments closed down the Kingdom Halls, everyone would have to go underground, changing locations for meetings, etc. which is why strict meeting attendance was soooooo important. (You may be wondering why at this point the book study arrangement in homes is being done away with)

So, yes, the Witnesses talk about persecution, and I remember that I hoped for shooting instead of stabbing or some other way to die.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Yes,I remember that as a kid..JW`s were going to be rounded up and put in concentration camps..I was supposed to wear my warmest boots and coat..JW Concentration Camps are very cold......Welcome to my Night Mare ChildHood..Fear..................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident
    Yes,I remember that as a kid..JW`s were going to be rounded up and put in concentration camps..I was supposed to wear my warmest boots and coat..JW Concentration Camps are very cold......Welcome to my Night Mare ChildHood..Fear..................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

Warm boots and coats! Bah! That's for sissies. When I was 5 my dad told me that if the concentration camp commander put a gun to my head and told my father he had to choose between worshipping Jehovah and my life, then he would have to let them shoot me! Now sweet dreams kids and don't forge to say your prayers! Cog

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit