New Photos and Documents of Rutherford-era Watchtower Officials

by Leolaia 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jeremy C
    Jeremy C

Thanks for this post Leo. These photos remind me of the officer roster of the Titanic. Rutherford looks like a tired out ship captain ripe for retirement. "Millions now living will never die; full speed ahead!"

• yknot
    yknot

Thank Leolaia!

Sad, because of these men so much harm has been done.......and I bet none of them would have believed 2008 would have ever been seen in this system of things.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Interesting.. the letter by da judge's mom is on some sort of WT letterhead....

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Here is a fascinating little document:

Notice the date. This is only three days after Pastor Russell died. And this was on behalf of Johnson's application for a passport in order to travel to Great Britain to assist in the handling of affairs over there. He arrived in November and -- as students of Watchtower history know -- his activities there gave Rutherford the rationale he needed to take autocratic control over the Watchtower Society.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Who's the little guy, bottom row, second from left?

Giovanni DeCecca?

Sylvia

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

It's Arthur Goux.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    It's Arthur Goux.

Thanks.

You do good.

Sylvia

• Dagney
    Dagney

Thanks Leo!

Interesting. Always fascinating to see the faces behind the names.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Clayton Woodworth looks decidedly strange (typical passport photo I guess)

In the recent thread that showed a letter he wrote from Prison in 118, he came across as a jovial cove

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/165574/3067240/post.ashx#3067240

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Thank you Leolaia for posting these.

Very interesting.

What is the time period allocated to releasing public documents? In the U.K. public documents are closed for 100 years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit