A really annoying text

by strawberry cake 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• strawberry cake
    strawberry cake

This is a really irritating text that I received from an old JW acquaintance..

I would like to tell you that the latest book we received 'keep yourselves in God's Love', says that JW have to strictly avoid someone disfellowshipped. The same applies to someone who left Organization. Therefore brothers and sisters are your friends but won't talk to you unless you take steps to return to Jehovah's people. You were the ones who broke ties with spiritual family. Brothers and sisters show loyalty to Jehovah not being your friends.
    I knew there was no point in arguing, so I just replied by saying .... Goodbye x

x SC

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

That's a friend you don't need. Goodbye and good riddence I say.

Josie

• choosing life
    choosing life

That is really interesting because I keep hearing that jws quote that book to say they should not associate with those who left, but are not dfd. I have the book on download and can't find anything in it that speaks of those that just left. It does give the hardline stance on dfd ones.

I wonder if they are going beyond what the book says when speaking from the platform?

Anyway, I am sorry for your friend's unkindness. Mrs. Jones may be right.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Suggested Reply:

"If you are my friends, you will not shun me. How can you shun your brother who you can see and say you love God who you can't? I am still willing to talk to you, so if anyone has broken ties, it is you. If you insist that I have broken the ties due to my beliefs, that is called a 'guilt trip', and friends don't make friends go on guilt trips. Cheers! Please keep in touch if you are my friend." [next is optional] "If you are not, then f*** off"

I hope you are well on your way to making real friendships, SC. Cheers!

A@G

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

How sad that they feel they have to take the position. When I hear stories like this I'm just so glad I an no longer part of that sick religion. They do not understand the meaning of Christian love.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Disfellowshipping was not instituted by Jesus. JWs are completely conditioned to believe that it's Jesus will. However, in the Sermon on the Mount, he stated:

(Luke 6:27-38)
    27 "But I say to YOU who are listening, Continue to love YOUR enemies, to do good to those hating YOU, 28 to bless those cursing YOU, to pray for those who are insulting YOU. 29 To him that strikes you on the one cheek, offer the other also; and from him that takes away your outer garment, do not withhold even the undergarment. 30 Give to everyone asking you, and from the one taking your things away do not ask [them] back.
    31 "Also, just as YOU want men to do to YOU, do the same way to them.
    32 "And if YOU love those loving YOU, of what credit is it to YOU? For even the sinners love those loving them. 33 And if YOU do good to those doing good to YOU, really of what credit is it to YOU? Even the sinners do the same. 34 Also, if YOU lend [without interest] to those from whom YOU hope to receive, of what credit is it to YOU? Even sinners lend [without interest] to sinners that they may get back as much. 35 To the contrary, continue to love YOUR enemies and to do good and to lend [without interest], not hoping for anything back; and YOUR reward will be great, and YOU will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind toward the unthankful and wicked. 36 Continue becoming merciful, just as YOUR Father is merciful.

37 "Moreover, stop judging, and YOU will by no means be judged; and stop condemning, and YOU will by no means be condemned. Keep on releasing, and YOU will be released. 38 Practice giving, and people will give to YOU. They will pour into YOUR laps a fine measure, pressed down, shaken together and overflowing. For with the measure that YOU are measuring out, they will measure out to YOU in return."

The practice of disfellowshipping is based on Paul's idea, which was based not on Jesus, but on the Jews. Look up "disfellowship" in the back index of the NWT, and it refers you over to "expelled". There it points to two scriptures in John relating to the Jewish practice of expelling believers in Christ from the synagogues.

Nothing like claiming to be "Christian", yet cling to all the practices of the Pharisees.

B the X

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

My wife and I ceased attending meetings a couple of months ago. We've seen a sum total of no JWs since then. None call or visit. This was pointed out to a JW by a fading friend of ours. Her reply was, "Well, associating with your friends is a privilege and if you're not going to the meetings you lose that privilege."

• restrangled
    restrangled
    Where in the new book does it say JWs can't associate with faders???

Page 34 under the subheading: When to Withdraw Fellowship.

"....when one rejects the faith by teaching false doctrine or by disassociating himself from the congregation."

We all know how the above could be twisted.

r.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

As long as they don't try to recapture me and host me. Those witlesses can only hound me to do ever more in field circus and place more wastes of paper that are only going to wind up in the garbage. They do not offer me any real value whatsoever.

• strawberry cake
    strawberry cake

As I was leaving the Org, I explained to my 'friends' the reasons for my leaving and how wrong I thought the Society was on most things, including shunning. It didn't matter what I said, or how I explained it. They were adamant I was wrong to leave. There is no getting through to them as they are zoned out and completely brainwashed.

Maybe some will realize in the future. Right now, however, they have fallen for the WT propaganda. Best thing I can do is move on, make new friends. I've started doing this. I'm tired of hearing their nonsense.

I will be sharing your responses here with my sons, as I can't give up on them.

Thanks for your support.

xxx SC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit