How old were you?

by DJK 23 Replies latest jw friends

• DJK
    DJK

When you first started to learn about the Bible, God and Jesus? Preschool or school age?

Who were you learning from? Parent, church or other?

I was preschool age being taught to by my father. He was a witness and we had home bible studies every week. My reading skills were above average by the time I started school because I was also being groomed for public speaking. (Sucked)

• White Dove
    White Dove

The second I was born.

My mom did most of the teaching.

• DJK
    DJK
    The second I was born.

LOL. My memory doesn't go back that far, as far back as I can remember it was always meetings, field service and home studies.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Oh, pardon me!

When the Bible Story Book came out when I was 9, I really started learning who was who and what was what in the Bible.

Before that, I couldn't understand what the meetings were about, EVER.

Messianic Kingdom sounded like a messy kingdom. What's a kingdom, anyway? Huh?

Children learning right alongside their parents is such a myth.

We learned nothing at the meetings.

Boredom stops the learning process.

Heck, I didn't even know who Jesus was until I was 7 and asked my grandmother.

I became morbidly afraid of demonz around that time, as well.

• TrekkerJW
    TrekkerJW

I'm a third-gen (mom's side) and fourth-gen (dad's side) JW, so I started learning about Jehoober "from infancy." I gave my first Bible reading when I was four.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Pre-school..Learning from my mom,was such a pleasure .........Hit Over Head 2..Armageddon!..Hit Over Head 2..No Blood!..Hit Over Head 2..Armageddon!..Hit Over Head 2..New System!..Hit Over Head 2..Armageddon!..Hit Over Head 2..Jehovah!..Hit Over Head 2..Armageddon!..Hit Over Head 2...........................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• DJK
    DJK
    Boredom stops the learning process.

So true. The lack of testing your knowledge made things worse. I'm forever doomed with a lack of comprehension of anything I read.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I was 12, my mom was a witness then, and a special pioneer at
    that time studied with me....

H40

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

My parents were Methodists. We attended Sunday School and church and they taught us to pray each night, as small children (preschool).

• StAnn
    StAnn

When you first started to learn about the Bible, God and Jesus? Preschool or school age?

Who were you learning from? Parent, church or other?

When I first started learning about the Bible, God, and Jesus, I was in my late 20's. I began being taught by a wonderful Episcopal priest.

I was indoctrinated from the New World "Translation" and lied to about Jehovah and Jesus pretty much from birth. We held the book study at our house so I remember it from a very early age. Also, my mother used the Awake to teach us to read. Yep, screwed up from birth.

StAnn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit