Gas prices up again

by Junction-Guy 39 Replies latest social current

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I don't believe this crap. Yesterday gas was $3.69 and now today in Tennessee it is $5 a gallon in several stations. It is supposedly $6 a gallon in Pigeon Forge.

The gas stations here are gouging people and lying about it too. Several gas stations have supposedly run of regular, but a news station truck found that there was still gas, and that the stations are lying about being out so they can jack the prices up even further tomorrow.

Kentucky, along with several other states have declared some kind of fuel emergency. I am glad I filled up yesterday, I wouldn't have been able to afford it today.

Our number one priority in this country should be the gas prices as it is hitting working families extremely hard.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

They seemed to say that Hurricane IKE is to blame because the impact at the Texas oil fields........Thats BS at the highest order

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Yeah I know, it shouldn't affect the gas already in holding tanks. They will look for any excuse to raise the price. The price of Oil has actually fallen.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

This is what America gets for electing Big Oil to the White House for eight years. President Bush, VP Cheney, Condi Rice and others in GW's administration: all involved in Big Oil before GW hit the White House. Oil prices skyrocketing since then? Co-ink-a-dink? I think not. My dad was an oceanographer who worked for a oceaneering company who contracted for the oil companies. He was also a life long Republican. He started a letter writing campaign to Bush after Katrina. He also reached out to educate the public on how many hurricanes had blown through oil country for decades and how little effect they had on the price of crude and refined oil. Think twice before you vote. Hell, think 100 times.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

This problem is even bigger than President Bush. All of congress, all the oil company executives, all the state politicians should be doing something to stop this price gouging.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

But remember it was Bill Clinton who opened up the oil speculation by de regulating it.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

It is not a democratic or republican issue, it is a rich man issue and they are in both parties alike. I believe that Sarah Palin will do something about this, she has stood up to Oil companies before.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    All of congress

It takes 60 seats to control a filibuster, JG. Sarah Palin will not have the power as VP to do anything> Gas prices were always under $1.50 when Clinton was in office.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

And they were under a dollar when Reagan was in office.

• John Doe
    John Doe

FHN, it's cute how you think the US controls the entire world oil markets.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit