It's official!!!!

by junctions-wife 18 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Congratulations, Amanda. I get nervous when I fly. But amazingly, I fell asleep on a flight to Hawaii, over the Pacific Ocean!

There's a reason they sell those little bottles of booze on airplanes.

• junctions-wife
    junctions-wife

well since i have an very early flight i don't think i will be drinking. I'll wait untill I land. But thanks anyway for that piece of advice.

Amanda

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

The only time I had anything to drink on a flight was years ago on a champagne breakfast flight from Houston to Chicago. That's back when airlines cared whether or not you enjoyed your flight.

• Satanus
    Satanus

So, who/what is the attraction in roswell, since you posted about your trip there?

S

• jgnat
    jgnat

Amanda has mentioned this in her previous posts. She is visiting a friend who has started a Christian Disciples of Christ church. I note that he does not have a website yet.

http://www.disciples.org/

• junctions-wife
    junctions-wife

Actually he does have a website. and it is

www.newhope-roswell.org

so you can check it out.

And yes I am visiting a friend, who has turned into something else other than friendship. Thanks everyone!

Amanda

• Plummet
    Plummet

Roswell, NM ???? 2 Weeks???? Are you sure???? Maybe you can at least do Carlsbad Caverns while you are there or take a drive up to Albquerque, or to White Sands, or Santa Fe but Roswell???

• junctions-wife
    junctions-wife

I will fly into Alburque on Thursday, and go to Carlsbad Caverns on Saturday. I just want to rest and do things at my pace. I have not stopped to do anything for myself in about 2 years or so. I want to let my hair down, and have some fun.

Amanda

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Have fun, and watch out for the rattlesnakes in the desert. I would love to see Carlsbad Caverns, in fact I would give anything to go out west again and see some desert.

This weekend, depending on price and availablity of gas, I am supposed to go to Nashville to see "Asleep At The Wheel" at the Wildhorse saloon. I also plan on walking around Opry Mills and the Opryland Hotel again. I will visit both Ernest Tubb record shops, plus the Dukes of Hazzard Museum, along with several other things. I just hope the gas situation improves.

In Knoxville prices are at $4.49 and along I-40 in Crossville and Cookeville gas stayed at $3.99. The Weigels on Washington Pike was completely out of gas today.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit