Big JW mutiny in the Vancouver BC area!!

by 1914BS 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Do they really get kick backs from the motel or hotel owners ?

I heard they get a cut rate because they promise or book a high volume of customers

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes - they promise a high number of rooms and for that they get a couple of free rooms - which of course go to Bethel heavies etc

• Homerovah the Almighty
  • chickpea
    chickpea

it may not come down to a simple matter of obedience (gag)if the distance to travel puts it out of the reach of the R&F
    money-wise.... if ya aint got it, ya aint got it... and fuel costs
    will not only not go down, but will continue to rise.....

it would be laughable if the b0rg has a DC
    no one can afford to attend!

grow a pair, i say to the malcontents!

• Gerard
    Gerard

Unfortunately, the 'mutiny' seems to be over the driving distance, not on JW crap doctrine.

• booby
    booby

To misguided and the issue of outlaws comments and responses to them. I never said or suggested that outlaw was lying or even misguided in his comments. I too, live in this area, born and raised in the sunny Okanagan, bin here 65 years. Yes I know, to much info about meee. But a dusting of snow late in the spring or early in the fall does not make the Qouk impassable in June and\or July. What I would like to see on this thread is an accurate report of what circuits from the coast if any were assigned to Kamloops. Some have commented on how beautiful it is in Kamloops in the summer and I concur, it is indeed. But lets remember, this is not a vacation to one of the worlds beauty sites. It is an assembly with little time left for enjoying the sights.

• sf
    sf

Unfortunately, the 'mutiny' seems to be over the driving distance, not on JW crap doctrine.
    As is par...per-usual for this Bunch. sKally

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

This is not just a vancouver problem. I know there are a lot of people in the metro detroit area that are pissed they have to go to toledo for the DC. As a matter of fact I believe people in clevand have to go to toledo. WTF? Whats the point of living in a major city and you have to go to the boonies for a DC?

• misguided
    misguided

Well, I have to admit. I was wrong. I thought it was crazy sending the Vancouver/Lower Mainland sheeples all the way to Kamloops for the assembly, but it was true!

I had a chat with my mother last night, as my grandmother is back in the hospital with complications she had from her hip fracture she suffered in the hotel while attending the convention, and I guess that constituted "family business." So I had the chance to ask her.

Evidently my grandmother fell on Saturday, but refused to go the hospital in Kamloops, because she had to make the Sunday session. They drove home to Surrey, and then was taken to the hospital. Absolutely NUTS!

I appologize for giving false info. I think my mother was questioning why this change, and stated the cost of travel/hotel was substantially more for them, but that they "enjoyed" the trip. It also killed me that my mother, already being in Kamloops for her assembly on July 11, couldn't have taken 1-2 hours out of her day to come to my wedding in Sicamous, about 20 minutes away.

Rose

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

Blondie - you have a PM...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit