regarding penny2 post about Sept 1 WT comments

by heyfea 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• heyfea
    heyfea

regarding Penny2 post about Sept 1 WT comments:

What will be the "End Afterward"?

Young people are often exposed to temptations and pressures to experiment with things that seem popular. Here are some likely scenarios.

• Someone dares you to smoke a cigerette.
    • A well-intentioned teacher urges you to pursue higher education at a university.
    • You are invited to a party where alcohol and possibly drugs will be freely available.
    • "Why don't you post your profile on the Internet?" someone suggests.
    • A friend invites you to watch a movie that features violence or immorality.

If you are ever confronted with any of such situations, what will you do? Will you simply give in, or will you carefully consider what the "end afterward" could be? You would be wise to ask yourself: "Can a man rake together fire into his bosom and yet his very garments not be burned? Or can a man walk upon the coals and his feet themselves not be scorched?" - Prov 6:27,28

I know a sister who is a high school principal. I don't know how could she be a principal. Does she tell "worldly" kids that college is no good? What if she also has JWS kids in her school? Does she encourage college edu to worldly kids, but not to JWS kids? Wouldn't that confuse them?

• heyfea
    heyfea

And by the way, this sister's husband and father are both elders.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

The jw who is leading my wife's study works for the school department here in town and her husband is the PO.....wonder what their thoughts are on advanced education?

• Number1Anarchist
    Number1Anarchist

I asked CO and a PO how decisions are made on blood issues? That person has to have a college Education to make such decisions. Well they have the perfect answer(BARF).

They tell you these people had already gone to college before entering the truth. They will tell you time is to short and blah blah blah . So anyone who is raised in the Borg or comes in at a young age before entering College should settle for a life of cleaning toilets and washing windows!

It's not about what the R&F think its what the Society prints!

I talked to a sister in florida about college for her daughter who is like 12 and she said her daughter had already decided to be a Pioneer(BARF) These people are brainwashed bigtime and there passing this bullshit down to there kids!

I've been talking to my Wife more and more and she is missing more and more meeting she missed the last 2 in a row! I'm gonna break these scumbags hold on everyone i talk to!

Death to the Witchtower!

• heyfea
    heyfea

Funny how when this sister who is now a high school principal was in college, a bunch of brothers would make comments against college education in the WT study. This sister would cry a lot because of the way she was put down constanly. I'm glad she stood up for herself, and , she HAD her parents support at that.

Now that she's a principal, I imagine she has to have higher education guidance for her students. How does this fit today with what the WTS is teaching? I don't see how can her husband the elder say that his family is following the WTS counsel? Are they hypocrites?

• besty
    besty

Now that she's a principal, I imagine she has to have higher education guidance for her students. How does this fit today with what the WTS is teaching? I don't see how can her husband the elder say that his family is following the WTS counsel? Are they hypocrites?

They could reason that because the majority (as little as 51%) of her time is spent in areas other than higher education guidance it is permissible for her to continue in that employment in good conscience.

Of course it would get interesting if an academically able JW student were to approach her for advice....don't educators have a responsibility to offer best advice

• penny2
    penny2

She must be a bit of an independent thinker to take a position like this.

In any case, anti-education comments must be embarrassing to her. Maybe she doesn't read the mags. Lots of JWs don't.

• blondie
    blondie

It's never too late to quit your college-education based job and pioneer, right?

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

I actually picked something else up from that. "'Why don't you post your profile on the Internet?' someone suggests." LOL Perhaps they will quote Hezekiah 2:6. "And the Jehovah said unto Isreal: "Thou shalt not take up any online profiles against my face; nay, neither of Myspace nor of Facebook shalt thou sign up. It is an abomination unto me.""

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

If there is one area where a LOT of the r&f JWs disagree with the WTS it's in this area of higher education. Especially after the easing up on the anti-education stance in the 1990s, and then coming back strong against it again in the past 5-6 years.

I expect a LOT of JWs encourage their kids to go to college right now, despite the WTS's stand.

It is a quiet rebellion.

S4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit