Getting Sick

by thebigdebate 14 Replies latest jw friends

• thebigdebate
    thebigdebate

How many here faked being sick as a kid, so you could skip meeting?

My mom and sister still fake there sickness so they dont have to go!

thebigdebate

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I never got sick. Instead, I started "forgetting" to call for rides on purpose when the hounder that usually gave me rides (for a charge of $1 each way) had a talkout. That worked.

Then when I moved within walking distance, I would "forget" to set my alarm clock (again, on purpose) so I would miss the boasting session. And I would use any wimpy excuse, like not wanting to get my littera-trash or my suit wet, to blow them off.

• Mandette
    Mandette

me me me!!! Especially on Saturday mornings when I wanted to watch cartoons!!!

WOW there are some awesome topics on here this morning!

Mandette

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Yes. Lots of my friends admit to doing this too.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Yes, I have faked but more often stretched out colds and flu. Like right now, we have just had a really bad cold for five months.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

In Combatting Cult Mind Control Steve Hassan shows how cult members will often develop illnesses such as M.E, intolerances or headaches. None of these demonstrate any physically apparent symptoms. It is thought to be the body's method of trying to rein the cult identity in and allow the person to rest and recover from the physical and psychological pressure of being in a cult.

Funny, I know a lot of JW's with M.E but not a single "worldly" person so afflicted.

• thebigdebate
    thebigdebate

What is M.E.?

thebigdebate

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

M.E. intolerances. Misinterial servants, and elders. Just a guess.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Myalgic Encephalopathy/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Another favourite around here is fragrance allergies.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Unless I was puking sick, my butt got dragged to the meeting. I did however fake having lots of homework which worked.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit