Yoga Fans - it IS for Christians

by Switch 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Switch
    Switch

The previous viewpoint taken: Yoga—Is It for You? Awake 1983 Feb 22 pp.13-15 Some may think they can separate presumably harmless features of yoga from those they consider harmful. According to the following statement, made in A Dictionary of Hinduism, this does not seem possible: “No system of yoga exists in isolation, each being often combined with elements of another.” Is it any wonder, then, that some conclude that the practice of yoga is tantamount to sending an invitation card to the demonic spirits? This video solves that moral dilemma. It gives you the "Yoga filled Body" you desire. But more importantly it also gives you a "Christ Filled Soul".

Christoga

I stumbled upon this ad on the beliefnet.com site. ROFLMAO

-switch

• changeling
    changeling

Some people will buy anything if is has a "christian" label. This is nothing but a marketing scheme.

I love yoga, by the way.

changeling :)

• Satanus
    Satanus

Why are christian yoga babes without breasts? Not that there's anything wrong w that;)

S

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Christian Yoga???????????????????????????????..LOL!!!!!...........Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• Switch
    Switch

I like yoga myself but for years didn't want to "offend" anyone cuz it was based on Eastern religion/philosophy. This ad just cracks me up. Now they have a christian-based yoga. I wonder if they changed the names of the positions? haha. The caption "yoga filled body, Christ filled soul" and the crosses on their shirts. TOO funny. I'd love to show this to some JW's and tell them it's christian-based. Of course, they'd run away screaming cuz of the cross symbol. LOL.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d
    It's a good thing that hindus and their gods are so liberal, or there would be an outcry that their yoga is being corrupted by christians;) Shiva can be a real bitch.

Actually it is all connected.

The Jewish beliefs came from Hindu influence. The name Abraham comes from the root word Brahamin, which is a Hindu priest.

"Shiva" is also a Jewish term. It relates to mourning the dead.

Some newer information coming along now is that Jesus studied in India in his "lost years" (age 14-29) and that many of his teachings and parables come from Hindu influence.

Also, there is publicity now that Jesus' burial site has been discovered in Kashmir, or somewhere near there.

It was a Jewish custom to "rebury" the bones a year or two after the person had been wrapped and put in the family mosaleum. The bones were then taken and put into a box...an ossuary.

Anyway, there is quite a bit of documentation from archeologists now that Jesus's ossuary was found in India.

The info has been suppressed for years because of the uproar it would cause for christians to know that his physical body "did not resurrect".

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Did you ever think you would see "Jehovah's Witnesses and Buddhist" in the same sentence?

Italy: Government Signs Concordate with Buddhist Union, Jehovah's Witnesses
    The concordates with the Jehovah's Witnesses and the Buddhist Union are both historically significant. Italy will become the first country where the Jehovah's Witnesses will be supported by taxpayers' money and will have much more than a simple "recognition", and Buddhism will be the first non-theistic religion to sign a concordate with the Italian government.
    www. censur. org /testi/ geova_ march2000. htm

• free2beme
    free2beme

I have done yoga for years. Only channeled on demon, but I am a novice.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Cameo

Be careful w those kinds of word play. For instance the abraham thing sounds very suspect.

'Actually it is all connected.'

Imo, altered states, from whatever background; tm, cabala, psychedelics, hypnotism, nde, chanting, fasting, shamanism, they are all accessing the same field, as it were. See you there;)

S

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

The scriptures I could make out from the cover

Hebrews 2:12

He says, "I will declare your name to my brothers; in the presence of the congregation I will sing your praises."

James 1:25

But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it—he will be blessed in what he does.

Do all christians like picking random scriptures and applying them to whatever? I thought this was a JW speciaility.

Christoga is Christastic!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit