Should I try internet dating? Does it work?

by Witness 007 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• jgnat
    jgnat

You are also terrifyingly self-absorbed. Your wife is going through a complete mental breakdown, and your internet persona seems mostly concerned about the inconvenience it has caused you. I also suspect that you are very passive in your relationship, rarely letting her know how you really feel.

If I were you, I'd attend a divorce recovery group for a year or so first. Find out why you picked so poorly, and how as a couple you failed so completely to communicate, have common dreams and goals, and so on.

Anyways, divorce recovery groups are great grazing grounds, too.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Let me tell you of her "breakdown" abusing me non-stop, telling me she wants to be with other men as soon as possible, crying over losing the house, being rude and angry all the time and being the most selfish bitch you can imagine. 12 years of abuse and anger from my wife not just afew months....she has Paranoid Personality Disorder {look it up} And she flirts with men like the sales men in the furniture store and tells me what she told him...he though she was coming on to him and offered to meet her at her swimming pool place even though he saw us togther and knows I'm the husband. She was flattered and mentions this to me to anger me...you know what...after 12 years of this F##K my wife!!

• jgnat
    jgnat

...yet you waited for HER to leave YOU. I stand by my statement. You are passive and terrifyingly self-absorbed.

She will be a much nicer person once she is properly diagnosed and medicated. But of course you will be long gone by then.

• caliber
    caliber

Sure it works! I met all 7 of my husbands on line.

Very funny Mary.. makes me think about another joke...

To quite smoking must be easy !..... some people have done it

five or six times !!!! ~Caliber

Laughing Mutley

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

It's worth a try Witness.

Just remember to always use protection.

And it's a good idea to wear latex gloves when chatting with women on-line before you get to know them.

Rub a Dub

• Gordy
    Gordy

This was related to me by a workmate about his friend.

Friend joins dating website (a well known one) gets contacted by woman saying she is in Somalia (East Africa)

They exchange messages etc, things look like they are going well.

She says that to come and see him she will need £1000 - He sends £1000

She says she will arrive at Heathrow on a certain date.

Two days before she is due to arrive , he gets phone call from a man, saying she has had a road accident. That she needs £3000 for medical expenses.

What does the idiot do takes out a loan and sends the money!!

Nevers hears from her again.

My workmate asked him if he had a picture of her, yes he had. A picture of a good looking WHITE woman.

There one born every minute.

• flipper
    flipper

WITNESS 007- When the time comes and you are ready for it - I wholeheartedly suggest trying E-Harmony .com in dating. Even before I met Mrs. Flipper I went out with some very nice women once or twice I met on there - and with E-Harmony you know you are being matched up with someone who has similar values you do as they answered the multiple choice test similar- and that's how they match you up. Personality wise. Try it- it might work ! Worked for me and my now wife

• zagor
    zagor

OK I think I’ll have to withdraw my earlier statement on this thread, which would be the first for me ever.
    I didn’t really read much of the background first time around… Let me ask you this, is your wife actually reading these posts here? I would hate to think you posted this just to get it even or make her “suffer”. Man that is not how a man reacts. (I’m just connecting dots now with your earlier threads.)
    It is true, sometimes in life you have to make difficult choices and write off your loses before moving on. I’ve been there myself. Mind you while it was happening, spilling it all out in public was the last thing on my mind. No matter what happens man, you gotta keep your shit together and I’m telling you this as a friend.
    Because, some of the traits I’ve seen in the last few threads made me see why she might contemplate leaving. I’d suggest you take time off and take it to connect with your inner self. I doubt you’re a bad man but I think that watchtower had perverted your way of looking at things as far as relationship is concerned and you might not even be aware of it any longer.

This is precisely one of the things why I can’t stand watchtower, it does it’s utmost to turn a man into a character he’d hate to see on a movie screen.

Let me just give an example. Some 10 years ago, I was going out into the “field service” with this fella whose wife just left him. Well, needless to say he needed a “shoulder for crying” and we after going to two visits we didn’t even go any further but stayed sitting in car as he started unwinding what had happened. It turned out, according to him, that his wife told him she was feeling like “going out and fu&%# another man” These where his exact words. I know so much for a witness… But it is not what she said so much but what he did after that that determined the end. Sometimes, when feeling neglected or insecure ladies may in a heat of passion say things they regret soon after. I guess if he just hugged her and told her everything was going to be alright. They’d be still together. In the end all three of his children have left him and went to live with the mom.
    He just sat there crying his ass out and telling the story to EVERYONE willing to listen. His small business fell apart, and today he is a “proud pioneer” probably jerking himself off at night and feeling guilty about it. I mean come on. Being a man must be in your genes so follow your instincts and urges and not some PC, pussy crap watchtower is teaching it’s “men” to follow. Of course it doesn’t mean one should not talk to a trusted friend, but hell not to the entire board of strangers.

But if you had tried everything in your power and it ani’t working and you know it is destroying you too then do not fool yourself or her, or feel bad about it, just walk out. No explanation needed, silence left behind will speak for itself.

Then when you’re over it, go out and be a bunny if you want to, jump everything that won’t run.
    But before you do that, be yourself and stand up for what is right in your eyes not what you’ve been lead to believe. I’m sure somewhere behind is that person who is itching to be the real you, someone you’ve been born as.

• Robdar
    Robdar

As a woman who has tried internet dating, let me tell you that I would never bother dating you since you are only separated. I prefer someone who has been divorced for at least 3 years. Before I made this rule, I was dating men that were still pining or angry at their exes. It really got old.

OTOH, there are women who will be willing to give it shot .

There are all kinds out there. It's been my experience that most of them are drunks.

I no longer use dating services. I meet men the old fashioned way--flirting. I suggest the same for you.

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

My son met his wife on the Internet. They've known each other now for about three years. It's a new way to meet people but you've still got to be careful.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit