Mother-in-law said she will not talk to us anymore...... feel the love.

by New light for you 38 Replies latest jw friends

• New light for you
    New light for you

Yes, so my children talking to mom i hear "no we dont go to meetings anymore" and i'm thinking "CRAP!!". So then the phone gets passed to me.. and my husband is of course out of town for this. I get asked point blank if we're witnesses anymore.. and i said "no we're not". She asked if we're "worldly" cuz my daughter told her about a birthday party she went to (thank you daughter). I said we dont believe the witnesses anymore. She was obviously hysterical.. she knew her son, my husband had left a few months ago. Then she started acusing me of lying that i was in the truth at all a few months back when i was telling her about him leaving... she said that she can never trust him again because anyone that leaves is now a liar.

This is the part i thought interesting and wondered if anyone has heard... I told her we're not DFed, she said "havn't you read the new book??? Leaving the truth and turning your back on Jehovah is WORSE than being DFed!!!! I'm not going to be able to talk to you anymore"

Do you feel the love??????? I almost wonder if this includes the grandchildren. Now, her husband is catholic. and when my husband left catholisism to be a witness, his dad didn't like it, but treated him as he always had. But we leave mom's religion... and we're worse than vomit.

She is one of the most absolute fanatical witnesses there are also, one of those , when you were a witness, you didn't want her to tell anyone she was cuz it was making us look bad. So i believe she's gonna take it as far as she can.. and REALLY ruin her marriage even more. You know how pissed Dad is gonna be when she shuns us to our face in her house????? oh geesh!

We're due to go there for 4 days in 2 weeks.. family wedding where we get to tell everyone we're out of the cult! woohoo!!

• New light for you
    New light for you

oh, and I kept stressing to her that we still love her and feel the same no matter what, i told her hubby is your son and grandchildren are yours no matter what.... what you decide to do is up to YOU.

Thats when she told me she cant talk to us anymore.

• cab1000
    cab1000

That's awful. I wonder what this "new book" says?

• shamus100
    shamus100

Tell her you'll get DF'd if it makes her feel better. (kidding!)

• yknot
    yknot

I am so sorry.

This is why I caved.

Perhaps Daddy can ease Mom's POV..... (enlist him as yall's advocates)

When yall see her, and she gives you the cold shoulder..... remind her about the prodical son.... his father embraced him before he even spoke a word. The boy didn't come home to his 'faith' but his family. His father was wise and knew having him close and knowing he was safe was the greatest relief.

I hope all turns out for the better.

• karter
    karter

Got the same talk from my step son there is some new light about people like me who don't go any more. wish he would have told me this a year ago when we helped him out to the tune of $30.000 to buy a house. The NEW LIGHT seems to be blinding them!!!!!!!!!!!!

• free2think
    free2think

That's awful NLFU.

I wonder what this 'new' book says.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

This could make an unpleasant or unwelcomed visit for you. I hope you will

be able to cope with it, best of luck.

h40

• Switch
    Switch

Hi NL. I'm right there with ya. Those phone conversations are the worst, aren't they? I've told my mom the turmoil I was going through when I started learning "the truth". She didn't even let me go into details but was sobbing really hard. She said I sounded like an apostate and she didn't want to have to deal with the problem if I got df'ed. She kept saying "I don't know what I'll do" and then hung up on me. It was absolutely awful. We live quite a distance apart,so I wrote her a letter and apologized for upsetting her. When I talked to her on the phone the next week, she was totally back to normal. We stuck to safe subjects though. We agreed in our letters to not discuss religion. So I'm safe at the moment. But I think, actually I'm sure, she'll have the same reaction your MIL did, when she finds out we've stopped going to meetings. I'm hoping that the face to face conversations go better than the phone ones. Let us know how it goes.

It doesn't matter if you have the label DF or DA, they see anyone that's returned to the world as worse than one that's never been in "the truth". My mom made it quite clear that I was a worse person than my other family members that have never studied. Even though they've rejected anything my mom has ever offered them, according to my mom, they haven't had the opportunity to know God and his promises. Yeah, right. I'm going to stop now cuz it makes me soooo angry.

-switch

• carla
    carla

I'm so sorry you will be going through this! How will you handle the kids? You KNOW grandma will be trying to preach at them. If she shuns you will you allow her contact with your kids?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit