Not too bright! 21% of atheists believe in God.

by BurnTheShips 44 Replies latest jw friends

• besty
    besty

The 6% of religionists who don't know what an atheist is correlates quite accurately with the 7% of JW's that are not absolutely certain that God exists.

Perhaps we could hypothesize that, on average , 6.5% of people with a religious belief are complete dumbasses.

• John Doe
    John Doe

besty, we must keep in mind that bell curves do not necessarily fit all variables, and are at best only a general guide.

• Gregor
    Gregor

This being an election year in the US brings a lot of pressure on atheists. Nobody wants to be an labeled atheist if they expect to get any votes. This reminds me of those dark days when the Adkins diet was the rage and us Pastafarians had to go underground.

• ninja
    ninja

I have an idea for the not too bright JW's....it would be a waste of time giving them "the gentile times reconsidered" to peruse over.....so why not have an apostate dot to dot book?....they could be happily doing their dot to dot...and then discovering that it makes a picture of chuck russell with devils horns ......or the judge with a beer can in one hand and his secretary in the other.....with a speech bubble above his head saying...."thanks for all the donations...fools!".......

• besty
    besty

Getting off topic here John Doe

besty, we must keep in mind that bell curves do not necessarily fit all variables, and are at best only a general guide.

Funky Derek was addressing the concept of half the people (people defined as the planet's population, everybody) being below average, average in this case defined as the arithmetic mean ( intelligence - lets use IQ - the IQ scores of n people divided by n) - half the people to the left of the centre point and half to the right ie symmetry about the mean.

It was valid of me to say that a normal distribution curve (bell shaped by definition) could be used to represent the probability density of the global population's intelligence.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit