Did the F.B.I. ever Investigate the Watchtower or any of it's leaders?

by Number1Anarchist 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Number1Anarchist
    Number1Anarchist

I also thought of this yesterday. J. Edgar Hoover was in charge for like 50 years and he investigated everyone. What was his thoughts about the Watchtower did he consider them a threat?

He could have had people follow old Joseph Rutherford around and got alot of dirt on the society?

Has anyone heard anything or looked into this! Alot of information can be released if they have any because it would be pretty old!

Let me know if you know anything about this subject! Thx

• Number1Anarchist
    Number1Anarchist

I would not doubt that but you know J Edgar hoover he probly had them investigated like 50-60 years ago. any country who has an organization who does not fight for it's country i would consider it a threat because they could influence other people to do the same thing!

I google searched and so far nothing came up.

Thx

• garybuss
    garybuss

I don't know about the FBI, but I heard a rumor that the justice department shut the Watch Tower Society down and threw the president and all the directors in prison. Do you mean in addition to that?

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Quoted from, http://encyclopediaofarkansas.net/encyclopedia/entry-detail.aspx?entryID=3694

World War II led to further conflict between Jehovah’s Witnesses and their neighbors. Because of their refusal to salute the flag or to serve in the armed forces, Jehovah’s Witnesses were beaten, jailed, or both. W. M. Manning was arrested in Texarkana (Miller County) and convicted on charges of desecrating the flag and distributing un-American literature. He received the maximum sentence of thirty days in jail and a $100 fine, in spite of a letter from J. Edgar Hoover (director of the FBI) saying that the Jehovah’s Witnesses had no connection with the Nazis or any other un-American group. In June 1941, Joe Johnson was convicted of showing public contempt for the flag in Marshall (Searcy County) because he had refused to pledge allegiance to the flag as a condition of receiving his monthly welfare allowance. A year later, the Arkansas State Supreme Court sustained his sentence.

How would J.Edgar Hoover know that JW's had no connection with Nazi's or othe "unAmerican groups" if they hadn't been investigated?

Paul

• Number1Anarchist
    Number1Anarchist

We knew they were arrested and put in prison but that's what i was looking for what didgeridoo said How did J Edgar Hoover know they were not Nazis if they were not investigated!

I'm thinking if somone would inquired to the FBI we may be surprised how much information they have on the early organization!

They probly had spies in there and everything!

What about the freedom of information act?

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Check the now defunct House Un-American Activities Committee. I did a report in high school on the Committee and their findings on different groups. If I remember correctly they put Dubbies in the same grouping as John Birch members...not important...non-violent...not worthy of taking seriously. I think they called the Birchers a group made up of "little old ladies in tennis shoes."

-BONEZZ

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Wow...just noticed I am now a "Supreme One." How'd that happen?

-BONEZZ

• Number1Anarchist
    Number1Anarchist

Lol, little old ladies in tennis shoe's

Ya they were probly not much of a threat to the government.

Too bad they were not followed like Martin Luther King or somone like that where they have information on the infidelity of Rutherford!

• IreallydidwalkoutofaKH
    IreallydidwalkoutofaKH

Does this count.............In Meniffee CA.........the Brothers had a multi-level marketing scheme blow up! The FBI actually got involved in 1995. The same bro's sold advertising in Temecula, and once again then FBI got involved.

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

Who knows? Maybe they do have dirt like that on Rutherford or others. If those records are somehow now public it could be very enlightening. How does one go about finding out? Anyone know?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit