To SO CAL: What CO's and DO's do we all know?

by IreallydidwalkoutofaKH 93 Replies latest jw friends

• stillin
    stillin

I just had to bump this thread bttt.

Where is Will Gorham these days? Or Bob Simons? They were both actually pretty cool. Gotham was brand new when I knew him so he may be corrupted by now.

Sometimes it isn't one bad apple that spoils the whole barrel. Sometimes it's the barrel.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Wayne Bjornson - pretty nice guy. Called his wife Gentle Ben. Remember the first thing out of the trunk of his car was a saddle, and the last thing loaded was that saddle.

Many, many years ago a CO last name of Armour. I was just a little guy then, but remember being with him and my dad when some guy followed us down the street shouting obscenities. After a few houses Armour got angry and went to the sidewalk and confronted the guy, grabbed him by the scruff of the neck, and marched him back to each house and made him apologize. Armour had been a pretty good boxer in his pre-Witness days I was told.

Smeltzer (sp) was an arrogant prick. Never had a thing to do with anyone if they weren't a pioneer or elder.

Also knew Steve Misterfeld. Another jackass! Always called him MISTER Brotherfeld, just because it pissed him off.

All-in-all over the years most were arrogant, unloving, opinionated, self-important puffed up useless tools, and it is only getting worse.

• Worldling9
    Worldling9

Someone mentioned a Don Emshoff and it rang a bell. I think we had a Duane Emshoff in the Midwest for a short time. He was a redhead, his wife was named Cecelia and he called her Ceil. They had their own little camper trailer they stayed in. She kept to herself; I think she was struggling with depression/anxiety. They parked in our driveway when I was 11 or 12. She was kind to me and gave me her old sewing machine.

Also, did anyone know Bill and Joan Ooley? I think she was from California; she said she had been at USC(?) with Carol Burnett. I mentioned in the other thread that my teenage self thought they were too cool to be JWs. I think they ended up DAed or DFed. Wondering if they were already on the way out when I met them...he actually encouraged me to think.

• HereIgo
    HereIgo

I know this thread is old and not sure if anyone mentioned Chuck Whaler? District Overseer. His district extended into the San Diego area. He had kids and grandkids and therefore much more reasonable and approachable. Overall an older, nice man.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit