Muslims Influenced by WBTS

by cameo-d 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Scientific Study of Religion volume 9 number 4/winter1970

Black Muslim leaders appear to have been influenced in the early 1930's by eschatalogical teachings of the Jehovah's Witnesses . Several details of doctrine are too similar to be coincidental. There is some evidence of direct contact between the two groups. It is possible that the cryptic ambiguity of the Watchtower doctrines enhanced their appeal to the Black Muslims.

Watchtower Influences on Black Muslim Eschatology:

An Exploratory Story

William A. Maesen

Department of Sociology

Lewis-St. Francis Colleges

Introduction. This study explores the possibility that Black Muslim leaders were influenced in the early 1930's by certain eschatological teachings of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society (Jehovah's Witnesses). The paper first presents several similarities of doctrine which appear to be too close in specific detail not to suggest direct influence. Then, evidence is presented suggesting contact between the Watchtower Society and the Nation of Islam sect and the possibility of influence of the former on the latter. Finally, an interpretation is offered as to why Black Muslim leaders may have been influenced by Watchtower teaching.

Doctrinal Similarities

The doctrines to be cited here are drawn principally from the works of Joseph F. Rutherford, second president of the Watchtower Society, and Elijah Muhammad , leader of the Black Muslims. These are official, authoritative sources for beliefs of the respective movements, at least at the time of the early 1930's. (Since the time of Rutherford's writings, the Watchtower Society has made some changes in its belief system.)

At least one other writer has noted the doctrinal similarities (Essien-Udon 1962: 403n.); another has hinted at suspected adaptations (Martin 1968: 262). An informant told me that many black muslims are aware of the resemblances between the two, since the influences are often topics in the question-answer sessions of at least one Black Muslim Mosque of Islam. Furthermore, the fact that Black Muslims explicitly and vehemently deny any causal relationship implies at least their recognition of the possibility of such influence.

Society for the Scientific Study of Religion

Website:http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0021-8294&site=1

Publisher Description

The Society for the Scientific Study of Religion was founded in 1949 by scholars in religion and social science. Its purpose is to stimulate and communicate significant scientific research on religious institutions and religious experience . Scholars from all fields of study who are interested in the scientific exploration of religion are invited to join the Society. Membership in the Society for the Scientific Study of Religion gives scholars the opportunity to share their research and ideas with other scholars.

Contact Information

Blackwell Publishers, Inc.
    350 Main Street, Malden, MA 02148, USA
    108 Cowley Road, Oxford, OX4 JF, UK

Phone: 1-800-835-6770
    Fax: 781-388-8232
    Email: [email protected]

Get ready to see these religions become syncretic. If they all have common demnominators, as they do, it will be a simple twist to bring similarities to the forefront and focus on this. It is a well laid plan for the new one world religion.

The JWs will never be persecuted as this transition takes place. It will be the EX-JWs and the EX-Christians (who have realized they have been duped by these falsehoods masquerading as religions) who will be persecuted as the anti-christ. That means US!

• OBVES
    OBVES

I am not from Jehovahs Witness Organization but what I know the Watchtower teaches I can say the Muslim religion is of different type religion and it is not in line with the true teachings of the Bible.

What I feel is that in those years 1930s the Bible Students were on the move and known very much by the active and attractive teachings which could be a cause some other people tried to imitate them to some degree to keep his followers in and pull in new followers and be also attractive to the outside world.

The predictions of the end of the world keep believing people in high mood and give them energy and endurance .

I know of that as I have spent years dealing with the predictions of the end of the world. The present prediction I have for 2011 AD already energizes my life and I see a difference .

The true christianity is inseperable from the end-of- the world predictions.If you don't deal with the end-time predictins your religion might be dead.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

sorry for going off topic Cameo. I tried to edit, but to no avail. I get carried away, sometimes because to be quite honest, I am fed up with seeing what Islam, is doing to the world, on the net. Every day in copiuos amounts, I see this. I was was truly efected, by the Geert Wilders film Fitna, with the merciless beheadings and shutdown of free speech. The History of Islam is grusome, past and present and I feel people must say more about it. Especially the moderate Muslims. I didn't mean to take over, and shit on your thread.

I have nothing against black folks either, I just find it puzzling why a black man would be a part of that and give the white man crap for putting him in slavery, when the history of Islam for blacks was nothing but slavery. You should see the clip of how outraged the blacks were in Zanzibar and what they did. We get called racist, and they are killing white farmers left right and center in Africa. I just find it upsetting. They are valid questions and it is a real situation that I'm sure other black folks are angry at too. I hope!

• cameo-d
    cameo-d
    sorry for going off topic Cameo. I tried to edit, but to no avail

It's Ok Ty. It was interesting to see your reaction. I did not write the article, I only cited it. Your reaction was to the article but not to my hypothesis.

The point I am trying to make is that if there is indeed some influence from Watchtower embedded in the Muslim religion, then there must be a common point in there somewhere.

If there is a common thread that can be found among all religions, would this not indicate a basis for an eventual merger?

As this is the goal of the "one world religion" could it be that these wheels were set in motion long ago?

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

My opinion is that for the most part, aside from having in common the desire to dominate the globe theocratically, (one wants to do it with the sword, and the other with magazines}.

I'm not a religios scholar, but they are both high control groups or even cults. The fact that neither, will bend in their doctrine, means that change and flexibility for both religions, is slow, if not non non-existant. There will never be any mergers or compromise.

If an assimilation ever did take place, I would have to say, that the one with force would probably be the winner. In actual fact. The Jehovah's Witness doctrine, derrives more, from old testament and montheistic worship of Jehovah. What the witnesses are, is the very latest form of Judaism.

Everyone knows, Islam despises the Jews, so I would have to say that would mean certain death for witnesses as well, if push ever came to shove.

Just to show you how different Islam really is, and has nothing to do with the roots of Judaism, check this clip out. As I say, I'm no scholar of this religion but it does not merge with anyone. Islam is a political movement on earth. The witnesses is a theocratic movement for a future government, that has nothing to do with this world we're living in right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1743mRxr7lo True roots os Islam

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

Canadian dickheads. SMH

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

al-Khidr, the Green One, Tests the Patience of Moses (Arabic areas) al-Khidr, the Green One (Swahili: Hishiri; Fulfulde: Halilu), a mythic hero, was the spokesman for the divine. He was associated with the sea, commanding the obedience of the four quarters; he was the deputy of God on the sea and his representative on the earth. He revealed esoteric doctrines to men of exceptional sanctity.

al-Khidr became immortal when he drank from the Well of Life.

http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1O68-alKhdrthGrnnTststhPtncfMs.html

God's deputy?

God's representative on earth?

Do they have a form of FDS I wonder?

I have found various spellings for this. In ancient literature it is Al Khador, Al Khidor, Al Khidr.

I do NOT intend this as a political discussion. I would only like to discuss the theological impacts of this and would like to present more information on this topic as it applies to scriptural comparisons and any commonality.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Cameo. This Identity of Islam is "The Nation of Islam." it is a political movement and is deeply intertwined as part of the religion. This is why many Muslims are incapable of integration. It must be considered as a major difference from most other religions with the agenda of global domination. In the here and now. If you overlook this, you might as well try to discuss Nazism as as a social club. The implications are staggering.

What do you think it has in common. Get serious dude! Take a look around the globe. Fighting in Pakistan, Fighting in the Sudan, Fighting in Thailand, riots in Brittain, riots in France, riots in Ireland, riots in Sweeden, riots in Norway, riots in Holland. Fighting in Bosnia, fighting in Chechnya, and maybe a few hundred other areas. Open your eyes. How many religions freak out over a cartoon and give death threats. What other religion abuses women and gives them no rights. It is a religion of intimidation, fear and coerscion. Have you been living in some other dimension? Cutting hands off for stealing. Having multiple wives and executions for homosexuals. JESUS CHRIST!! Do you see a difference!!

• cameo-d
    cameo-d
    What other religion abuses women and gives them no rights.

Watchtower. (disprove it)

It is a religion of intimidation, fear and coerscion

So is Watchtower. (disprove it)

it is a political movement and is deeply intertwined as part of the religion

So is Watchtower. (disprove it)

....any establishment of a Kingdom and "god's government" is a political movement. When JWs say "I already voted. I voted for Jehovah's kingdom" are they not implying a political bent in the religion?

you might as well try to discuss Nazism as as a social club

Definition of Nazi social club:

5 meetings a week and you better show up or the enforcers come knocking

everyone must be on the same page; robots must answer questions with same phrases/ standard answers..i.e. "imperfect men" "wait on Jehovah"

No deviation. We must be like marching soldiers in giving over our minds to the cause.

anyone not in this club does not always deserve truthful answers. Lying is approved for your convenience.(becomes a secret society club)

If an "informed study" (initiate) rejects our teaching, god approves that you should hate them with the "godly hate"

anyone who betrays the club and its principles are subject to death by invisibility. And if you associate with those invisibles, then you will be terminated and declared invisible, too.

Sound familiar?

This Identity of Islam is "The Nation of Islam."

If Jehovah Witnesses believe that they will be the only ones to survive Armageddon and that they alone have the privelige of starting a new world, isn't that rather nationalistic?

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

What's the matter. No ones got any balls? Now Octarine. You can take your little insult back. Lets see your genious! Rub me the wrong way, and I'll take your intellectual liver out, and have it with fava beans.

You wanna know about similarities. Here's one for you. Islam is like the witnesses in theocratic warfare. " Lieing for the cause" That's what witnesses do,and that's what Islam does. I don't know if I am spelling this correctly,but in arabic if is called tawqfique. That means,when you look around,and see nothing but violence created by Muslims, your brain takes the information and says " Wow, what a violent religion!" but when you ask a Muslim, They will say, My brother, this is a religion of peace and love. They keep doing this until they are literally giving it to you up the ass! Wake the fuck UP morons!!

In theocratic warfare, they also have the Hadithe. This book is secondary to the Koran. It's a get out of jail free card. The Imams,are very careful to hide all the ugly misdeeds of Mohamed, and this little book, helps to cloud the issues. Kinda like the contradictions in the bible, where you can read anything you want into it.

When the pope was going to visit Turkey and quoted an ancient,in saying that Islam was spread with the sword. There was outrage among the Muslims. Not because this was a lie. Just because you arn't suppose to let that absolute fact,enter your consciousness. The intimidation is just a form of dumming you down.

The witnesses have the same dumming down. Shunning, which is very hurtful and abusive is called a loving action to bring you back to the fake love of the Org.

So the big differtence is, between the two. They both get their pound of flesh,but one is more violent than the other.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit