Craziest thing you've ever been "counseled" for????

by superman 58 Replies latest jw friends

• hot mama
    hot mama

I had a phone call after my daughtrer's wedding and was told that since it was performed by a preacher first of all I should'nt have attended!!!!!!! Then the 2 sisters that offered to help with the reception should'nt have. Now the wedding was held in the park, no church, the reception was a rented place, again no church, plus the preacher did'nt even go to the reception. I was so pissed off after that phone call that I think that is what really started my thinking about the other stupid things we have all been counciled for. I'll never let a man treat me like that again.

• hot mama
    hot mama

Georgiegirl,,, I think your husband needed a good talking to. That is the most stupid thing I have ever heard of. I hope you told him that if he had of been GOOD ENOUGH then you would'nt have had to take care of buisness!!!!!

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    You know the time, bible study, and those blue/yellow ones (can't exactly remember what those blue/yellow ones were used for).

They were Watchtower and Awake! subscription forms.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I got counselled for wanting to go to college. Then for being in a band. Then for being a deputy Sheriff.

Then I quit.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Once counseled for looking too good in a dress. It is against the religion apparently to have boobs at the age of 13.

• razorMind
    razorMind

My sister and I also got 'counseled' for flipping each other the bird during a meeting. I remember the sister doing the 'counseling' had a permanently scarred, bent nose from repeated beatings from her 'opposing' husband.

• mustang
    mustang
    My sister and I also got 'counseled' for flipping each other the bird during a meeting. I remember the sister doing the 'counseling' had a permanently scarred, bent nose from repeated beatings from her 'opposing' husband.

ROFL!!!

Response: "Sister Nose-like-a-witch", if you didn't stick your nose into other people's business, if wouldn't be so out of shape!!!

I stretch(ed) the JW rules as far as they would go. In this instance, I would say that COUNSEL FROM A SISTER is problematical, in any event. I would have no qualms jumping her case, right back

Mustang

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

It wasn't really "counsel"; it was more "chastisment." My husband is a firefighter. The sister of a co-worker of his is the oldest living survivor of cystic fybrosis. Every year, the fire department does a "takeover" of a local pizza parlor, and the firefighters serve pizza. The parlor donates all the proceeds to the cystic fybrosis foundation. My husband has volunteered his time to work the takeover for years.

One year, it fell on a Thursday night, and instead of going to the meeting, he worked the takeover. At the following meeting, an elder asked him if he had been sick. He said no and explained where he had been. The brother was shocked and disturbed and told him, "You shouldn't be wasting you time on things like that. She's going to die anyway, and besides, if she dies before Armageddon, at least she has the hope of the resurrection."

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

Justitia:

Your husband is to be commended! A noble profession...and volunteering his time on top of that for a great cause. The elders comments are disgusting.

I hope you at least have some more level headed ones to balance out him. (if you still go to meetings)....I still have to endure those idiotic type of comments.

crazy people!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit