Music Concerts/ Groups / Singers You Have Seen Perform ? Your Take on Them

by flipper 68 Replies latest jw friends

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

The one band I wish I could have ever gone to:

SIOUXSIE AND THE BANSHEES

That's in my top three all-time favorite bands. I'm kicking myself because I missed both the seven-year-itch tour and Siouxsie's show in February. Plus my bf got to meet both Siouxsie and Budgie in person in Australia. At least he got them to autograph a Creatures album for me.

• flipper
    flipper

SEEITALLCLEARLYNOW- I really liked Three Dog Night as a teenager. Good stuff !

LEOLAIA- Siouxie and the Banshees ? Wow! What a name ! I take it they are an Australian group I am not familiar with ? Do they play rock ? Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• hot mama
    hot mama

I saw Ray Stevens perform in Branson, Missouri a few years ago. My daughter and I had our picture taken with him. It was really fun!!

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

George Michael--his voice sounded like it did on his albums yet still sounded "live". He was great. Danced very well. Looks good as hell, too! Fun concert, good show.

Prince--Fantastic! Music, dancing, singing. The best.

Bon Jovi--always a good show

Gretchen Wilson--She opened for Bon Jovi and was good

Nickelback--Wonderful

Jason Mraz-ok

Elton John--Wonderful show!!

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I am so envious of some of the lists of concerts you all have been to!!!!

Forgot to mention I saw Wynona Judd at the Grand Ole Opry, she was awesome. Her voice fills the auditorium completely. I forget who else I saw that night........but the Grand Ole Opry has got some awesome music going on there.

Last week I saw Wilco...........they were great! Really, they reproduce very well, sound was awesome.

purps

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I am not a concert goer, but I did get two free tickets for this weekend's Neil Diamond at Madison Square Garden.

I told this to a young intern working in my department and his response was, Who?

I feel old.

• flipper
    flipper

Good group picks by you all ! Just thought I'd bump this up . Nice concerts ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• dobbie
    dobbie

Well haven't been to any since my first child was born 6 yrs ago but before that these are the ones i remember

Everly Brothers - 3 times, brilliant the first two times then changed the style and their voices werent too good the last time (but they knocking on a bit!)

Neil Sedaka - a bit in love with himself but really brilliant!

Dave Berry-loved The Crying Game song

The Monkees - i love them!!lol

The Hollies - very good

The Searchers - 4 times in all they are great

Helen Reddy - bit 'jazzy' for some reason, not like the record we had of her songs so disappointing

The Nolans (ok so i probably shouldn't admit this one but i was soo young!)

Robin Sarsdtedt cant spell it didn't go on much tbh

Squeeze not really my kind of music

Bryan Adams - fantastic!!!!

Extreme - used to love them, 'more than words' sounds lovely live

Duran Duran - 3 times very good shows but he sings a bit off key i think

Bootleg Beatles - 4 times cos they are the best after the real thing

Other sixties bands but i can't remember them all! I've always wanted to see Rod stewart and Cliff Richard (i cant help it!) but every time they've been performing i've been heavily pregnant and not wanted to drive all the way their and back - maybe one day if they haven't retired by then!

• flipper
    flipper

DOBBIE- Hey good picks ! I always liked Duran Duran, the Hollies were pretty good too. Love the song, " Long Cool Woman in a Black Dress " . Good song ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit