WHAT DO U THINK WILL HAPPEN???

by chuckyy 24 Replies latest jw friends

• dawg
    dawg

That's rough man... the scripture is clear though, it speaks for someone that is "teaching" something other than Christ's divinity or his coming in the flesh.

"Many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist. 8Watch out that you do not lose what you have worked for, but that you may be rewarded fully. 9Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. 10If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take him into your house or welcome him. 11Anyone who welcomes him shares in his wicked work."

So, do you acknowledge Christ's divinity? Do you recognize Christ coming in the flesh? Do you continue in the teaching of Christ? I damn sure don't but do you?

Obviously, as you stated, they are doing their usual and misapplying scripture. But after reading this, my family shouldn't have anything to do with me....The Jws weren't a religion when these words were spoken, so just speaking out against the JW religion isn't a crime... good luck getting these morons to agree with you on this.

• changeling
    changeling

They can't ask people to change/alter living arrangements. If they continue to harass her, tell her to go to the CO. This is wrong even by witness standards.

changeling :)

• oompa
    oompa

ditto to what changleing said....it is the stupid "roof rule" again.....you are all "one" family...if under the same roof....now if she was not under same roof with these ones...they would

NOT be family...and she could get in trouble for even talking or eating with them. I like the idea of her showing up with bags packed at the elders home!!!....lol............oompa

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I hate these fu**er's teachings and the way that the idiot elders add their own twist to things.

I would tell them to eat $H*T

• Purza
    Purza
    They mentioned removing privileges etc or "more".

Is your MIL a pioneer? Otherwise, what privileges could they remove from her? Like taking away the "privilege" of giving a #3 talk?

Purza

• yknot
    yknot

And the dominos start to fall.......

I hate that book!

I would personally counter that most people don't have problems with doctrine so much as conduct.....as pointed out at the DC. Then I would spin the fact that the JWs have such a low retention because of Elder that take an extremist view that clearly go beyond the Bible.

What if you MIL was sick, or unable to financially support herself.....are these fine Christian men willing to help her move, pay the deposit and help on rent & utilities every month?

I hope she is jolted from her JW sleepwalk.

Sending yall good vibes while yall endure this nonsense!

• hotspur
    hotspur
    who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh

Doesn't that apply to ALL JWs - seeing as they view the parousia of Christ as being visible to only the spiritually discerning?

They just keeping piling on their own demise..... trouble is so many are blind to the facts.

What is "the heathful teaching"? That you throw your kith and kin out into the street? Feel the love!

I became an orphan this year..... my mother will not speak since we got married. Yet, before the wedding she said my new wife is jsut the right person for me. Go figure!

• chuckyy
    chuckyy

Thanks all, i'll let u know what happens

chukyy

• jgnat
    jgnat

I was thinking the same thing, purza. What sort of "priveleges" can be removed from a woman? Is she off bathroom-cleaning duty?

In the nasty world of women, though, I could see her "off the list" for social gatherings though. That can be painful. On the plus side, it looks like you have a happy, functioning little family there.

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

Well, she would not be able to comment at any meetings, nor would any request/application for further privileges of service (pioneering, etc.) be accepted.

And, after the "marking" talk, the other people in congregation will know to shun her as they see fit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit