Finally putting the new light all together

by JimmyPage 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Okay maybe I'm a little slow but I'm finally beginning to understand how all the "new light" is tied together. This has all been prompted for me by my reading of the 1914 chapter in "Crisis of Conscience".

See, the door to heaven which was previously closed in 1935 has been reopened. And the new meaning of "generation" applies to these anointed ones. So as long as more people can go to heaven then the generation can keep going indefinitely and the year 1914 doesn't have to be discarded.

Am I correct on all this? And if it's taken an independent thinker awhile to put this together, will any of the rank and file ever realize what's going on?

• heathen
    heathen

Tho I haven't heard it or seen it in WTBTS publications ,I'd say you summed it up pretty close .It's pretty much an invisible generation but one that can always be replaced .

• journey-on
    journey-on

There are two viewpoints in the rank & file. One sees the hypocrisy and the obvious flip-flops that attempt to CYA

but continue on anyway for one reason or another. A few will finally leave the borg when it gets to deep in this kind of BS.

Another hardcore group which may be larger than you think is like my sister. They believe with all their heart that the changes are

truly "food at the proper time" and "Jehovah knows just what we need when we need it" and nothing....I mean NOTHING...

will sway them. If the doctrine does a complete U-turn...well...it's just what it was supposed to do. After all, it's the Holy Spirit

at the helm directing the FDS, right?

• shamus100
    shamus100

The truth, V.156.17

Join us next week for the updated V.156.18.

The 'light' (bullshit) keeps getting brighter and brighter (more ridiculous).

• burningbridges
    burningbridges

id say your pretty right on...... i read pretty much exactly that in the watchtower earlier this year, think it was jan or feb about the new undertanding of "generation"

• james_woods
    james_woods

I told the two elders who came to hound me a few months after I walked out of that last Circuit Assembly, back in 1980, that the day would come when they would have to eat their words on the "generation". They accused me of being a false prophet in advance!

I am pretty sure that if I could find them and remind them of that conversation - they would just say that Jehovah-GB took care of things in their own good time, and that I was not willing to wait on them for clarification.

• yknot
    yknot

It allows the WTS to shift away some speculation about 'the end' in connection with 1914. Hoping to ward off the talk of 2014 and 2034.

The traditions of men will be their undoing.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Your conclusions are right on, JP

• Number1Anarchist
    Number1Anarchist

So what will happen is the old people that was hearing all the 1914 horse shit either died off or are gonna die off soon. I'ts simple the more new members you get the less they know about there 1914 date so all they have to do is talk about it less and less and there will be know uproar because all the old members will be dead and nobody will know about the 1914 date. Sweet i should give them my ideas on how to get out of the 1914 date but i'm sure they are masters at deception i'm only a student!

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

The problem with the "new light" on the "generation" is that it is way to abstract. I bet 90% of all jws don`t understand it. And of the 10% that do understand it, only a few understand its implications.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit