Wanting to talk to my mom

by lostsheep82 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• lostsheep82
    lostsheep82

whats the FLDS?

• oompa
    oompa

i agree....do not send a minibook...just overkill and it would not be seriously read or appreciated

however you said : but my mom feels that because I don't have Jehovah's "spirit" on me, cause I'm not going to meetings, that Satan and the demons have taken over my heart, and I've turned away from Jehovah.

So does satan have your mom too? Does she not pray about you every day?? If she is so good and your dad or step-dad annointed....geeze....do these people have no pull?? Why would god blow these good people off?.....I just dont get that....my poor jw wife prays incessantly for and about me....cause i dont anymore....guess what???......her prayers are answered EXACTLY like mine used to be......as in NOT!!...........sorry friend.........oompa

• oompa
    oompa

Lostsheep,

There was a show on MSN about the FLDS a couple nights ago. If you can find it and tape it, maybe you can get your Mom to look at it, considering it isn't about j.w.'s.

BUT...The similarities are so strong, she may see it herself, and make her start thinking.

Hubert

funny....i tivoed that and just watched it with jw wife in the room...she got busy on her laptop...but i could tell she heard a good bit of it....yes the similarities are strong..........oompa

• Vinny
    Vinny

Here are a few links dealing with very specific WT Society issues that challenge and even refute the, "God has chosen the WT Society" beliefs. Just chosee whatever issues you think will work the most.

http://exjehovahswitnessforum.yuku.com/topic/922/t/Letter-of-disassociation.html http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/129368/1.ashx http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/16/150613/1.ashx

• hubert
    hubert
    whats the FLDS?

Fundamentalist Latter Day Saints.

It's the pollygamist group that has been on the news these past few weeks, Lostsheep.

The one in Texas that the state took their children away, and arrested some of the "elders" for child abuse and underage marriages.

Hubert

• teflon
    teflon

I walked away. My family now talks to me. Don't send the book. All you will do is alienate her. If someone wants to believe something they will. I think the best course is to continue to live your life on your terms. Decide who you want to be. You can't control others, all you can do is influence. Your mom may be a Witness for reasons other than belief. My mom for instance is married to crazy die-hard dad. She is a social witness. I don't think she really believes all that crap, but all her friends and husband are "in the truth". For her it is too much to lose. She even saw me out trick or treating with the kids last year, I've never heard a word about it. We're also too much for her to lose. If your can leave the lines of communication open you can exert subtle influence. Some people learn to swim if they're pushed in the water, but it's kinder to teach them to doggy paddle first.

• Jenlet
    Jenlet

Another vote here for not sending your mom the "book". Don't put anything in writing. Your mom won't read it, and it will just get passed on to the elders and used against you.

In looking at your posts I think you have articulated your feelings very well. I particularly like these thoughts:

"I'm not returning NOT because I'm gay, NOT because I want to be rebelious and turn away from God, but because I don't beleive in so many things they teach, and I cannot preach or go door to door with a right conscience. ... I cannot pretend to beleive something I dont."

I suggest you tell you mom these things, exactly as you have posted them here. If she wants to find out why you can't participate in good conscience, she can ask for more information. Let her ask for the details, and you may have an opportunity to share some of the things you have learned.

• lostsheep82
    lostsheep82

Thanks for all your helpful suggestions. I'm scared to death, and I feel that if I put it into a letter form like dear mom.....yada yada and then touch on each subject and roof, not as a "Documentary " type letter, but a personal letter. I guess book was the wrong wording to use, however, there is just too much damn stuff that they can't deny if it's written in the WT.

Anyways this forum has been extremely therepudic(totally dont know how to spell that lol) for me and it has so much helpful information.
    Thanks to you all for your kind thoughts and words,

LostSheep

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit