I Received The Holy Spirit!

by Maddie 129 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Maddie
    Maddie

I want to share with you all a most wonderful experience I have just had. I have been going to a Christian Church called The Vineyard. They have a live band and lots of singing goes on there. There is a strong emphasis on asking for the Holy Spirit in prayer for healing etc. With the JW's the meetings are all about control and head knowledge (no spontaneity or self-expression), so it was quite a culture shock at first to see people really "feeling" and expressing their worship with such joy.

Towards the end of the worship those with physical illnesses were invited to go to the front for healing through prayer. I dont have any physical illness or pain but I struggle emotionally with quite a lot, especially the grief of being cut off entirely by my JW son and not seeing my dear little granddaughter now. Anyway I felt drawn to have prayer and humbly surrendered myself to God for the pain to be taken from me. As I stood there I began to tremble from head to toe literally. I knew that the Holy Spirit had touched me and it was amazing! Since then I feel protected and the terrible aching grief has gone from me.

I know there are many sceptics and atheists on JWD but it has been a truly beautiful and humbling experience for me and one that I am grateful to God for.

Maddie

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yes, it's a relief to release pain, like that. I had a couple or 3 similar experiences in charismatic churches.

S

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

It is wonderful to hear that God has touched you. Thank you for sharing with us.

BTS

• *summer*
    *summer*
    Since then I feel protected and the terrible aching grief has gone from me.

Whatever experience that makes you feel protected and helps you cope with daily life is a wonderful experience...

Thank You for sharing...

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I'm glad you feel better - you've been depressed for quite a while if I remember correctly. Whatever gives you courage is a good thing.

• FreudianSlip
    FreudianSlip

I agree with this:

Whatever experience that makes you feel protected and helps you cope with daily life is a wonderful experience...

I am one of the skeptics you mentioned but whatever worked for you whether it be supernatural, the placebo effect or a delusion. If the end result is positive and no one was hurt.. I say, "right on".

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

The backhanded compliments are funny, in a sad way.

BTS

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

God I've missed you so much, Naeblis. Never leave me again.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Thanks for sharing Maddie,

I've also had that experience. I've also had a healing that the skeptics can ridicule all they want. But the people who know me and who knew of my infirmity know that it was for real.

Today, I no longer have that infirmity. I'm able to jump, climb ladders and dance. For sometime before this healing happened, I was a semi-invalid.

Not anymore thanks to God.

Go ahead skeptics and whatever you are today.........make fun.......ridicule........say that God is an a** like many posters here say these days. I know what happened to me and I will continue to worship God......not the WT.

HappyDad

• FreudianSlip
    FreudianSlip

6of9-

Is that really The Naeb? We had a bit if a falling out over his wife but I always adored him!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit