Revelation 7

by RR 26 Replies latest jw friends

• CatholicGuy
    CatholicGuy

Just found this link. It's from the evangelical Protestant Radio Bible Class website. It basically says the same thing about the new heaven and new earth:

http://www.gospelcom.net/rbc/ds/sb248/page13.html

CatholicGuy

not my webpage but a favorite:
    http://ic.net/~erasmus/RAZHOME.HTM

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

CatholicGuy

Why is it that you're not addressing my questions? All you say is "we don't know exactly how this will happen but it is our hope." What hope? To live in "heaven" or on "earth"? Is that so hard to answer?

Regarding the URL you just supplied, a few excerpts:

A new heaven and new earth will emerge from the collapsed and fire-cleansed earth system (Rev. 21:1; 2 Pet. 3:10-13). John described the physical characteristics of our new home in highly symbolic language....
    New home? Where? In the new "heaven" or on the new "earth"? Which?

While we cannot visualize the full physical glory of our new home, we can....
    Our new home? Heaven, or earth? Which? Like I said previously, most all I ever hear Christendom talking about is going to "heaven". Do you do any different yourself?

This will be our eternal home! Living as we do in a world where everything we treasure comes to an end, we can hardly imagine a perfect world in which nothing ends.
    "Our eternal home"? Again, where? Heaven or not? A perfect "world"? Is heaven all of a sudden a "world" now?

Yadirf

Daniel 11:35 ... a KEY prophecy that must be fulfilled before the "time of the end" gets underway.

• CatholicGuy
    CatholicGuy

Yadirf,

The New Jerusalem comes down out of heaven to earth. I mentioned in my posts that there is a uniting of heaven and earth then. So it's both heaven and earth--heaven on earth, if you will.

I've cited proof for my assertion that traditional Christianity does not dispense with the earth. Do you have sources to the contrary?

CatholicGuy

not my webpage but a favorite:
    http://ic.net/~erasmus/RAZHOME.HTM

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

Yadirf,

If you send that letter off to the WTS they are going to DF you.
    Especially if you post their reply on the internet.
    I think you are going to be very disapointed at what happen after you give them that letter.

If someone lived a trillion X longer than you, and had a billion X more reasoning ability would he come to the same conclusions as you?
  • Yadirf
    Yadirf

Wiltshire

But I've already got at least a couple out of the several letters I've sent to the WTS posted at my web site, and I've even posted a different one yet right here at JW.com. Of course I'm not anticipating any reply to the stuff I plan yet to send. But should I receive a reply I won't be posting that anywhere on the Internet. Reason: That would be a breach of their trust in me. But what I myself write, whether it's a letter to them or whatever, is my own personal property, and as such I have complete control over whatever I might choose to do with it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CatholicGuy

The New Jerusalem comes down out of heaven to earth. I mentioned in my posts that there is a uniting of heaven and earth then. So it's both heaven and earth--heaven on earth, if you will.
    Oh, so YOU think that "going to heaven" is having heaven come to earth. Now that's a nice little twist.

I've cited proof for my assertion that traditional Christianity does not dispense with the earth. Do you have sources to the contrary?
    The fact that one hardly ever hears Christendom's churches talk about anything other than "going home to heaven", and constantly making such statements as "if you died today are you sure that you'd go to heaven?", should answer your question. But of course there are those denominations that in fact do take literally Jesus' words of Matthew 24:35, "Heaven and earth will pass away." You want proof? Look back at aChristian's earlier reply to me. I'll repost it here for your convenience:

"Heaven and earth will pass away." - Jesus Christ - (Matthew 24:35)

"Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away." (Rev. 21:1)

Friday,
    Your theology and that of the JWs is contrary to scripture and to science. Both tell us that nothing physical will last forever. If God does not bring an end to our physical planet and our physical bodies at the end of the Millennium, as the scriptures indicate he will, the earth's sun will certainly do so when it explodes, as all stars eventually do. -- aChristian.

Yadirf

Daniel 11:35 ... a KEY prophecy that must be fulfilled before the "time of the end" gets underway.

• aChristian
    aChristian

Friday,

The only kind of resurrection which the Bible promises that I am aware of is one in which those resurrected are given nonphysical bodies upon their resurrection.

Some verses to consider:

"At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven." (Matt. 22:30)

"So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable; it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body. So it is written: "The first man Adam became a living being"; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit. The spiritual did not come first, but the natural, and after that the spiritual. The first man was of the dust of the earth, the second man from heaven. As was the earthly man, so are those who are of the earth; and as is the man from heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. And just as we have borne the likeness of the earthly man, so shall we bear the likeness of the man from heaven. I declare to you, brothers, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable." (1 Cor. 15:42-50)

I know of nothing in the scriptures which indicates that the dead will be resurrected with physical bodies? Do you? If so, please share it with me. By the way, Revelation tells us that the second resurrection, the resurrection which follows the resurrection of God's servants, will take place "when the thousand years have ended." (Rev. 20:5) These things being so, I see no basis in scripture for believing that people will be resurrected into new physical bodies during the 1,000 year reign of Christ, a JW teaching which you seem to largely accept. Can you support such a teaching with the scriptures?

• aChristian
    aChristian

duplicate

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit