Get an investigation at UN started?

by CatholicGuy 18 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Detective,

I know for a fact they are embarrassed and don't want to talk about it anymore.

I am trying for you guys.

I don't know what happened to my buddy at the Toronto Star. She seems to be out somewhere.

Bob Harvey of the Ottawa Citizen called me yesterday after I left him a message last week. He sounded interested and wanted to investigate the story. So I gave him everything and linked him to Steve Bates. I also tend to direct people to Zev's site (for obvious reasons) and Randy's site.

I also sent a lengthy Email to Ms. Barabara Crosset at the NY Times. She is the Bureau chief for the Times.

I'm trying but other stories are getting in the way. I am trying to link the story to three things -

1 ) the human side (eg. Malawi and the people in prison)

2) the Upcoming Dateline story

3) the JWs coming to everyones house over the next few months and preaching the Nov 15, 2001 WTS article on hypocrisy.

hawk

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Whoa hawkaw, Nassau, and everybody else that's in this thread, that is WAY COOL.

personally, I've been contacting every United nations NGO that I can. I have 2 different emails--one directed toward groups who seem to be oriented toward women and children, and another directed at human rights groups. I'm working on one directed towards scientific-oriented groups. it looks like about half of all the NGO's have email adresses, some are not viable tho I'm finding out.

That is the UN's weakness I think---the other NGO's. I think the NGO's would just love to see and hear the watchtower quotes of all the work the NGO's are trying to do especially in Afghanistan and African nations.

like---why waste your time helping people/systems that are only marked for destruction? Wait on Jehooooovaaaaah!!!

'Christian' people who are afiliated with the UN are like harlots, traitors, unChristian.

Just think, these are the things the WT are saying about the other 1500 NGO's while they themselves are NGO's---it defies imagination, it relly does. . WE can't get the message to people INSIDE those refugee camps and RUSSIA and AFRICA where JW's are spreading their literature---but those other NGO's sure CAN!!!!!

Fabulous thread.

BITE ME, WATCHTOWER!!!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I think your right dungbettle.The UN probably isn`t interested,but I`ll bet the other NGO members would be.Some of them are pretty powerful organizations.Some may not take the information well.Could get interesting...OUTLAW

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

okay....double checked Zev's site and re-read some of the material (I am sooo busted), and let's see if I got this straight.

As early as 1947 in some cases, the United nations has maintained external branch offices of its library in New York.
    * http://www.un.org/Depts/dhl/

These libraries are and always have been open to the general public. And even the main UN library is open to serious researchers who go through the proper application and screening channels.

That being the case, the ball is now in the Watchtower's court to present some evidence of the termination of their access.

hmmmmmmm...

Thanks all.

BITE ME, WATCHTOWER!!!

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Maybe a bunch of ex-jw's should band together and apply for NGO status. Simon probably wouldn't mind publishing UN related activities for us would you Simon?

BITE ME, WATCHTOWER!!!

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Dung, what new Watchtower article on shunning children? Must have missed it. Can you post it here?

• Nassau
    Nassau

Does anybody know who is "Brother" James Long from the Watchtower? Here is what happened: Because, in the first place, I had no e-mail addresses from the WT, I sent a lot of messages through the main hidden electronic contact of the main page of the WT. After some annoying messages such as "HYPOCRITES", surprisingly, Someone answered back signed by James Long, calling himself "Human Rights Attorney". Since I am a lawyer myself, we start arguing about the interpretation of the requisites to become an NGO and the real legal consequences for the Watchtower’s political and social status. When he lost his temper and the ability to recognize the true facts, here is what he wrote me yesterday:
    "It is interesting that a jurist and a lawyer such as yourself would not understand how to respond to the specific points that I explained in my email. Where are you licensed to practice law?
    My comment was made in direct connection to the substance of your
    previous email. You termed yourself a "lawyer and a jurist". Having
    spent a significant portion of my lifetime communicating in oral and
    written form with various legal professionals, I have reason, based upon experience, to find that your style of communication does not usually emanate from a legal professional. This is especially true given your most recent email. A true legal professional gets asked this question as a normal part of his or her professional life. Your reaction clearly indicates that such is not a normal question for you. I appreciate your attempts to collect information that is freely available on the web and send it to me, but I am well aware of it and find no need to respond to you concerning this matter any further. My time is better spent helping those that I am currently engaged with.
    Sincerely,James Long
    http://jehovah.to";

Interesting that when he could not further discuss about the main subject - the NGO vs. Watchtower - turned against me, questioning me credentials as a lawyer
    Interesting that when he could not further discuss about the main subject - the NGO vs. Watchtower - turned against me, questioning me credentials as a lawyer. Typical reaction. I like that last part "My time is better spent helping those that I am currently engaged with"! Helping?! Ah, I can understand...helping to protect the human rights... through the NGO Watchtower...too late now, man!
    Nassau

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Gee... Nassau....

I don't get this guy because even the Watchtower's own letters admit the criteria is bad. That is why they quit. The only argument the Watchtower uses is that the Governing Body was not aware of the very recemt changes to the criteria and once they found out about this supposed new criteria they quit(which is of course a big lie if anybodt reads Resolutions 1296 and 1297).

hawk

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Well, the Ottawa Citizen will not do the story - they think the UN thing is an internal struggle and not newsworthy at this time - also it is a little stale thanks to this breaking a month ago. A letter to the editor does not seem in the works either.

However, they did give me room for hope - they covered a Bockville case where the Judge ordered the elder to tell what he knew about an abused JW child. Thus, they are interested when the story breaks on Dateline. At that point they may also talk about the UN scandal.

So hold on folks, all is not lost - this could get interesting in the next couple of weeks.

hawk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit