Google, Apple & how Next Gen INTERNET will DECIMATE the Watchtower Society

by jwfacts 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

My 2 cents... I am out of the WT thanks to the Internet... I had tried to research the truth about JWs for years, but never came accross anything damning due to the WTS information control system...

The internet has changed that.. I decided to google JW's, and I was out of the JWs within days... Had I not had access to the internet, I would probably still be doubting yet feeling that the WTS has the truth... and I would have to Wait on Jehovah to deal with my doubts.

I am doing my share too.. sending out emails to former friends, and being vocal with my family about my stance... as well as collaborating with V on YouTube... But I am happy to do more if anyone has ideas...

Lance

• steve2
    steve2

I agree with Steve that apathy is more important for a WT downturn that apostasy. On the other hand world conditions do have an effect on the viability of religions in general and the success of sects with apocalyptic tendencies such as Jehovah's Witnesses in particular. If we are heading for a period of economic downturn, war and general instability, then that may well boost JW growth to an extent that far outweighs any downward pressure from the Internet.

Yes, I must admit that ongoing bad news in the world can add to the Watchtower's desperate appeal for the innumerable people longing for a more stable existence. Thus, it's no conicidence that numbers attending meetings tend to go up as the economy goes down!

On the other hand, those who cling to the Watchtower "just in case" are usually not the most stable and reliable adherents, either. Come blue skies, they're out sailing, but come the gloomy skies, they drag themselves to the hall. Apathy rules, okay!

• Quandry
    Quandry

2001: A Space Odyssey Ending Yes, Dave...........

• the girl next door
    the girl next door
    Paul called it.
  • freddo
    freddo
    He certainly did didn't he?
  • LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    He was so right on when he said that they will be able to watch a meeting that was video taped. Or now you can actually watch them via live stream in several countries. And he predicted this 7 years ago!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit