comments on Sherri Shepard from the view on her countless abortions....

by orbison11 26 Replies latest jw friends

• orbison11
    orbison11

oh my, this gal is an x jw,,now on the view,,,

,now a born again

her son lives with the dad in california, and she flies out for the weekend to see him

http://www.dlisted.com/node/27302#comments

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

She said she had more abortions than she can count. From what I know of her, that's not likely to be a very high number. Sherri Shepard is so jaw-droppingly mind-numbingly stupid that even in a country - and a medium - that embraces idiocy so readily her celebrity status is somewhat baffling.

Abortions should continue to be mandatory for Ms Shepard as long as she keeps finding men dumb or desperate enough to keep inseminating her. (I'm not advocating eugenics in general, but some people really are too stupid to be allowed to breed.)

• DJK
    DJK
    She said she had more abortions than she can count.

She has been quoted as saying she found God and "She's proud to be a role model for woman".

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

Wow.

What a train wreck.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Good lordy, folks, she was raised a JW, which MOST of us here once was... or was associated with... and you really can't GET much "stupider" than that, can you?!!

Your comments are really unkind, unloving... and SMACK of that whole JW "I'm SO much more--virtuous-moral-righteous-good-better-than-everyone else" BS. So, okay, if you've let go of your love of God altogether, fine - that's still no excuse to leave off your love of your fellowman/ woman. Heck, Christ forgave Mary the Magdalene... and may others, including a murderer. Without blinking. Who are "we" to not do so? I would say let the one of you that is without sin... and any modicum of stupidity (which I seriously doubt)... cast the first stone. But obviously a couple of you've apparently already feel justified in hurling your rocks.

And before anyone gets up in arms, this is NOT about Sherri Shepherd being Black - 'cause I know someone's gonna wanna go there; I would same the EXACT same thing about anyone else. For example, Britney Spears, whose business I think folks really should get out of, at least folks who claim to be so darn "good" that they themselves are without error... and no, I DON'T think that just because she's a "celebrity" she should be subject to that much invasion of her privacy... and please, don't give me the "she-put-herself-out-there" rant, because I don't think that should make a difference, either, as no matter WHO puts themselves out there, "we"... should really mind our own business when it comes to other people's personal lives. You know, considering how much "we" resented the WTBTS being in ours.

I personally don't agree with a great deal of what Elisabeth Hasselbeck has to say, and, yes, she gets on my nerves from time to time, but that's MY problem; not hers. She's just being herself. As such, she is still my fellow human being... and worthy of being given the benefit of the doubt (for example, that she was raised in a different "America" than I, so of course she and I see things differently. Much. So what?) I digress.

I simply do not get how this woman's being open and HONEST about her life... makes her any worse than the person who's done similar... or worse... and yet, presents to the world that they have absolutely NO "sin." Perhaps part of her "christianity" is no longer living the lie. Maybe it's freeing for her... to no longer have to hide what she "is"... and what she's "done"... from anyone. Truly, what can earthling man do to her... except what you've done here... in all of your "goodness."

Sigh! It amazes me how many leave and/or decry the WTBTS... and still "walk" in their ways.

Peace.

SA, a slave of Christ who thinks "we" ALL really should let go of ALL of "our" WTBTS "BS baggage," particularly the ones that cause us to think we can judge another person without having a CLUE as to the life and environment they may experienced and may have contributed to who and what they are today. Can you folks spell h-y-p-o-c-r-i-t-e?

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Lady Zombie

Wow.

What a train wreck.

Indeed ! A lifetimes's worth... and still going.

http://www.usmagazine.com/sherri-shepherd-i-had-more-abortions-than-i-would-like-to-count

Sherri Shepherd: "I Had More Abortions Than I Would Like to Count"
    Tuesday July 22, 2008

Jeffrey Mayer/WireImage.com

Buzz up!

In the new issue of black Christian women's magazine Precious Times, The View's Sherri Shepherd reveals that her life was once so rough she didn't care if she died.

"My sister was heavy into drugs, and we would have to go and get her from crack houses," Shepherd, 41, says.

At the time, the stand-up comic — then a Jehovah's Witness – was "in a very physically abusive relationship," she said. "I was sleeping with a lot of guys and had more abortions than I would like to count."

She said her self-esteem became so low, "I felt if someone killed me, it wouldn't even make a difference."

But after converting to Christianity, she said, "God showed me that it would make a difference."

(Shepherd has also said she relied on her faith to get through her split with husband Jeff Tarpley, father of their 3-year-old son. During their seven-year marriage, Tarpley cheated on her and got another woman pregnant.)

Still, Shepherd admitted it is tough talking religion on the popular ABC chat-fest. (She received criticism after she once remarked that ancient Greeks persecuted Christians, even though Christ hadn't been born yet.)

"Oh, sometimes I say, 'Lord, Juanita Bynum or Joyce Meyer would be so good at this table. They could lay hands on Barbara Walters and get her saved,'" she said.

"I ask the Lord, 'Why am I here?'" Shepherd added. "I have to trust God when He says, 'Because I said so.'"

• brunnhilde
    brunnhilde
    Heck, Christ forgave Mary the Magdalene...

Umm, you do realize that the whole idea that Mary the Magdalene was a prostitute is no where in the Bible? Not trying to hijack, just getting my sister Mary's back! *grin*

brunn

• BreakingAway
    BreakingAway
    Your comments are really unkind, unloving... and SMACK of that whole JW "I'm SO much more--virtuous-moral-righteous-good-better-than-everyone else" BS

What a coincidence, so do yours.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    you do realize that the whole idea that Mary the Magdalene was a prostitute is no where in the Bible

I'm not sure why you think I might have said she was - (grinning back at'cha!)

Your comments are really unkind, unloving... and SMACK of that whole JW "I'm SO much more--virtuous-moral-righteous-good-better-than-everyone else" BS What a coincidence, so do yours.

Hmmm... I'm not sure how that can be: I have openly confessed my sins here... in truth... as well as that I am a FOREMOST sinner... servant to ALL... a good-for-nothing-slave who has done, with regard to the Household of God, nothing more than what I ought to have done, so that no reward is "due" me... truly. I am no more virtuous (BWWAHHH!!)... moral (yeah, right!)... righteous (oh, Lordy!)... good (not by ANY stretch)... or better (seriously??!) than ANYONE else... on this entire planet. And I have absolutely NO problem admitting that. But I welcome your comments. Care to elaborate?

Peace to you, both.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• mind my own
    mind my own

I think Sherri is an idiot! Anyone who makes such flip comments about abortion just adds to the testimony that she is not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer. Now I will say that I
    AM pro-choice - and if she or anyone else makes these decisions I will not judge. I haven't in the past and I won't in the future. I'm just saying that she should be a little more sensitive when dealing with certain subject matters! Your allowed to have your own opinions and make your own decisions certainly; but please do not be so insensitive to the human race, its just insulting to your own intelligence!

MMO

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit