Have u found a new faith since leaving?

by chuckyy 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• chuckyy
    chuckyy

I was just wondering how many of you have found a "NEW FAITH" since leaving the JW"s. For instance, are u a member of another church, another religion, or are u now a committed atheist. If u have found a new faith, what convinces you that its the right one?

CHUKYY

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

The faith of optimism as a moral duty.

Naive, but it makes you live longer.

And optimists reproduce more

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Faith in what?

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others
    are u a member of another church, another religion

No, I can honestly say I would not ever join another sect, cult, religion. I'm free and now wish to remain that way...

Besides I just finished reading..."Combatting Cult Mind Control" today...No chance to change teams now!

Cheers!

hope4others

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I am starting to enjoy my journey through life with the positive attitude that I don't have
    to have a "faith." I don't need to stay angry at a god who may not be there, because
    he allowed the JW's cult to snatch me up when I cried out to HIM for help. If he is there,
    he is not the God of the Bible. I am pretty sure he is either not there, or he doesn't care
    about mankind.

I am not dogmatic about that. After all, I was tricked into that cult for nearly two decades,
    so I could be wrong again. I just doubt it.

Man is slowly replacing religion with spirituality. It is a catchphrase for being of "faith" without
    defining it. It means that my "faith" can be different from anyone else's "faith." Spirituality
    can also involve removing the God part and keeping the mysticism. I don't need a faith or a
    well planned out spiritual path.

I am starting to learn about contentment and enjoyment of life. Many faiths are in a better future.
    That future is realized in Paradise or Heaven or some afterlife. Eastern philosophy and much
    newer age philosophy teaches us that the goal is not the prize at the end. The goal is to enjoy
    the spiritual journey. If I am inquisitive, curious, perplexed, delighted, etc with the things I read
    upon and meditate upon, I can enjoy the path to enlightenment- even if I am never enlightened to
    the point of knowing some deeper secrets of the universe. I really don't believe those secrets are
    there, anyway.

Meanwhile, if the people around me say Gezundhite or God Bless You when I sneeze, I can know
    that they meant well. If nearly everyone in my culture sings Christmas Carrols and exchanges gifts
    at a certain time of the year, I can get caught up in the positivity of such times and not focus on
    whether they are accurate to do so. At the same time, I can appreciate the other cultures and their
    very un-Christian positive inputs.

Not all roads will lead to the same place, unless you count endless nonexistence after death as the
    same place. That's so boring and vulgar a thought. Stop looking at the end of the road and start
    enjoying the road itself.

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

My new found faith is in the only thing that can change anything in my life.....me.

• oompa
    oompa

Oh Ya.....on that one...the JWD faith in the gospel of yawehbaddabing is just awesome!!!......totally fulfills me.............oompa

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

Path of researching the manifestations of the Divine to more deeply appreciate life.

Natural philosopher.

• S3RAPH1M
    S3RAPH1M

I came across Age of Reason by Thomas Paine while still active, and ever since I've been using my brain far more than I did as a J-dub. Deism is better than blind faith.

• mattbetrayed
    mattbetrayed

onthewayout has a point,i feel that God is like a mountain you can look at it from the north, south,west,east , and see a very different view of that mountain but it is still the same mountain.,

so aslong as ya try to be all the person you know you can be that is what matters, enjoy who you are and not what some bunch of cultish freaks say you should be

may your God bless you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit